FICO Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Caroline, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Caroline

Caroline Guest

I just ordered by FICO score from Equifax - Beacon?? I almost choked ...I have a score of 525. The only negative items I have on my report are:

Unpaid collection American Express
    2 unpaid utility collections
    and a couple of unpaid medical collections.

My score looks like a homeless person...not a professional earning close to 6 figures.

I wanted to purchase a house...guess not.

I don't even know where to start or how to improve the score HELP!!

2. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Caroline.

How many are a couple? You have 5 or 6 you think? How many positive lines do you have? They might help to balance some of the negatives, but I think unpaid collections can take the score down pretty badly.

I do know that most home lenders will require that collections are PAID before they will even touch you, so I would concentrate on paying them or getting them removed altogether. There are post on here that can help you dispute, as well as others who post here that can help you. Look in the archives and search under collections or something similar.

ANybody else have any advice??

judy

3. john

john Well-Known Member

It look like you want a high score so you can go out and get credit so you can SCREW another business out of their money.
    You need to pay what you owe you DEADBEAT.

John

4. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

wow....

5. none

none Guest

CAROLINE

Ignore any hateful posts from John. He's a child bent on stirring up trouble.

6. worried

worried Guest

Ouch, John, is it already time for the middle school to be out for the day? Why don't you stop being so generous with the putdowns and let us get back to our ADULT conversation. If you can't state your case in a mature manner, don't do it at all. I vote that we all IGNORE John and his stupid posts.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

That's right Bobby, she's a deadbeat. Why don't you share your success story w/ her, maybe some day she too can be a part-time gardener.

You have to understand not everyone is as successful as you.

Saar