Fico scores- lowest approval score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Nov 10, 2001.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

What was your lowest score you had when you applied for cards that you were approved for? Who did they pull?

2. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

I know I got my GetSmart/Providian with a 601... I got my Cap 1 after that, so I *guess* my score was lower, but by how much I don't know..

Then I got my Orchard (w/$49 deposit) with about a 540 or so..

Deb @ Mich ST

3. ohnostuck

Deb,
    Do you know what they are pulling? I got denied for a Target guest card for crying out loud! My lowest is 598 and highest is around 630.

4. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...

GetSmart pulled Experian.
    Cap 1 also pulled Experian and Equifax (I have inquiries on both from them)
    Orchard pulled Experian

If either pulled TU, I don't remember off the top, because I don't monitor that one as close as I should.....

And like I said in the 500 Club thread, I got denied for Target store card too. I applied for it after I got the GetSmart, but before I got the Cap 1.

I was thinking about reapplying during the Xmas season, or after my two oldest accounts age over 1 yr (which will be Jan).

Deb @ Mich St

5. ohnostuck

What the hell. I applied for the get smart too and guess what I was DENIED. I quit LOL

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I THINK THEY HAVE A VERY NARROW APPROVAL RANGE...
    I have F.I.C.O. 685-704 DENIED
    WIFE F.I.C.O. 725-741 DENIED

OURS ARE "TOO HIGH" ???

7. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Denied online? I thought they would tell you that your app needed "further approval" before getting denied.

My theory (heh!) is that when your score is lower, oh kinda like MINE, is that inquiries count a hella lot more. I had 0 inquiries when I did the GetSmart, and maybe 4-5 when I did the Cap 1... Orchard dosen't count because they truly give cards to anyone.

Now I have a whopping 10 inq in 6 months (yes I am slowly contesting them off; started with my oldest ones). I can't get approved for damnit, not even credit line increases on my exsisting accounts.... I saw two "soft" inqs on my EX from Cap 1 and GetSmart, both dopne last week, but haven't seen any increases on my lines, nor any offers in the mail...

Deb @ Mich St

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hey there you "Spartan!" Hello from a "Go Bluer!"

9. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Are you still mad at us for last weekend? ;-)

Deb @ Mich St...

10. ohnostuck

Maybe, my credit expert score went down 4 points for the inq. I am in Michigan. I made the mistake of trying to get downtown (Ann Arbor) today.I think that I will cry about this denial.

11. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Having to go to downtown A2 would make me cry... LOL!

Do you just not have a CC, or are you trying to get another? Cap 1 and Orchard are way easier (be careful with paying Orchard tho... their online SUCKS), and for secured, Sterling Bank (from Detroit) and FCNB would be *really* good bets from what I've read here.

Deb @ MichSt

12. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

What's the deal w/ Orchard, paying online? What kind of problem have you had?

13. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

The first time I tried to pay online, my payment got "lost" due to a database rebuild on their end... they said that they were going to be down on, oh lets say 29 September, I made my payment on 26 September and it still didn't credit to my account nor get debted from my checking.

The next month, I went to make a payment 1 day before it was due, and discovered that any online payments WILL take 3-5 days (!!!) Cap 1 and GetSmart take 24-28 hrs to post/process an online payment.

We'll see how it goes next month... oh, did I mention that I *DID* get zapped with a late payment fee for the first fiasco? Ick.

Deb @ Mich St