Fico up from 520 to 580 in 1 mo.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I am a little excited I saw my report today and I am climbing my way out of credit hell!

I have been disputing a few items on my file for almost a month now and nothing has come back verified.

Question?
    Is your score reflective of an investigation by the CRA?

They have less than week and things look good, so I am holding my breath.

Cyprigirl :)

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I believe Momof3 said that if you are disputing something that it doesn't factor into your scores (while they are investigating). Please forgive (and correct) me if I'm wrong Mom. :)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

If you are disputing items, they will still be listed on your reports but they are NOT factored into your scores, it will be listed as consumer disputes or under investigation, but it won't be used in the scoring model. I spoke in great detail to a rather friendly (i know suprise) Eq rep.

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, all i can do is just wait. A couple of my cards will be a year old in a couple months, hopefully that will improve the score as well.

Cyprigirl:)

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Is there anything in the law that mandates that?

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#611

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the law, but I seriously doubt. I was just trying to give my own experience and many others about how disputed items aren't factored in. The way I see it, you have every right to dispute items you feel ae inaccurate and therefore these items shouldn't being factored into your scores until they have been investigated.