FICO's on credit reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TCEast, Aug 6, 2001.

1. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

I am going to call in to the three CRAs to get my credit reports. Do I need to ask that my FICO scores be included? I can't seem to find my scores on the credit reports I got three months ago. Thanks in advance.

2. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Sorry, they will not give it to you.

Now Equifax will for a minimal fee of $12.95 through their site.

Experian & TU won't give them at all. At least that is what they told me.

They said the only way to get them is to get a lender pull the reports. Of course that means more inquiries & lowering your score cause of them. What a scam:)

Hope that helps,
    Becky

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

If you order TU online (it will be mailed to you, you only order it online), you can request that your credit score be sent.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I LIVE IN COLORADO...I CAN'T ORDER ON-LINE...BUT I DON'T HAVE TO PAY EITHER...

10 DAYS REPORT AND SCORE...(SCORE IS DIFFERENT THAN EQUIFAX)...

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Trans Union gave me my score by phone last week.

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

They won't give me mine!

I ordered the free report by phone. Got that. No score.

Went to their web site and the only online thing I could order that said anything about a score at the time (abt a month ago) was IdentityGuard. Ordered that. TOTALLY bogus score...not really a score at all and completely whacked.

Called TU end of last week and asked for score. Would not give it to me by phone. Said she'd send it to me. What did I get in mail today. Just another copy of my profile with NO score.

I can't order online because the system won't let me apparently because I live in one of the states that are free. I ALREADY RECEIVED THE FREE ONE. I'm not even asking for it to be free. I just want my score!

8. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the input. Hard to believe that the CRAs are allowed to make it so difficult for us to get our own scores. Just another reason to dislike them. I thought I had read somewhere (I'm not sure where) that the CRAs were going to be required to include FICO scores on credit reports. Or maybe it was just wishful thinking? Anyone else know about this.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.I.C.O. SCORES ARE REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA...

The TRANSUNION score system just has higher and lower range...SO YOU CAN'T GO BY THE EQUIFAX F.I.C.O. RANGE...

10. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Well lucky me - I just happen to live in California. Where did you find this information George? I've never run across it.

11. MT

MT Well-Known Member

TransUnion gave me my score over the phone, the first rep. said she "couldn't do that." However, the second (nicer) rep. "was happy to - but keep in mind that this changes frequently."

Equifax - ordered and viewed on-line w/ the my FICO thing.

Experian - not available - UNLESS you sign up for creditexpert (www.creditexpert.com), and then you get a general idea.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

LA TIMES...

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

03-17-01

LA TIMES...
    JUST SEND ME 2 F.I.C.O. POINTS that NanaC never paid me, and I will fax a copy I have of the article to you...

:)

14. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

I appreciate the offer to fax me the article but I was able to find it online. Good thing too because after I get my FICO scores I have a feeling I won't have a point to spare! Thanks again for the info.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY RANGE IS STUCK...685-698...

That is why I'm trying to sell stuff for 2 F.I.C.O. POINTS...698 + 2 = 700...