Figured I show mine as well Ro

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Helig Meyers 3/98 closed 5/00
    Aria 5K 6/99
    Associates 475 7/99
    Lowes 300 9/99 closed 11/00
    Exxon 300 10/99 closed 10/00
    Fidelity 500 11/99
    Citibank Plat 1K 11/99
    JCPenney 300 11/99
    Target 300 11/99
    Sear 250 11/99
    Speigel 825 1/00 closed 10/00
    Citibank S 5K 10/00
    CitibankGold 6K 11/00

I plan on closing Associates, Fidelity, JC Penney and Target. Still not sure if I should keep Sears for a retail card??

2. mil

mil Guest

RE: Figured I show mine as wel

wow !!! How long u have aria ....and what limit did they start u with

mil

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom,

So you oldest account is 3/98. I remember you said you have no neg. and no installments. I see a problem. You are a good candidate for the secured bank loan trick. But I know you dont have alot of time. oh well. I have student loans w/ negatives many from 1998/99. I also have many accounts about 50 listed with all my loans and transfers. I have a 1year payment history on them. And my score is higher than yours. The only differnce between mine and yours is the paid loans and more available credit limit. See what i am getting at. I think that should be your focus. If not for the mortgage, but for your overall score in general.

roni,

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Helig Meyers 3/98 closed 5/00
    Aria 5K 6/99
    Associates 475 7/99
    Lowes 300 9/99 closed 11/00
    Exxon 300 10/99 closed 10/00
    Fidelity 500 11/99
    Citibank Plat 1K 11/99
    JCPenney 300 11/99
    Target 300 11/99
    Sear 250 11/99
    Speigel 825 1/00 closed 10/00
    Citibank S 5K 10/00
    CitibankGold 6K 11/00

I plan on closing Associates, Fidelity, JC Penney and Target. Still not sure if I should keep Sears for a retail card??

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have had Aria since 6/99, they started me at 5K, no increases at all.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Roni

Well I do have that 30 day late which I am trying to remove b/c it is incorrect so once that is off, my score should go up a tad I would think? And before the citibank's my ratio was extremely high, this should help my ratios a bit wouldn't you think?? How much I haven't a clue but it sure as heck won't hurt it.

Mom

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

No it wont hurt it. Paying down aria will help it alot.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

Also doing my figures as I sat when they pulled my reports, my ratio was around 75% yikes high, but if I close like my plans and with the citibank it will bring my ratio down to 37%. Big difference:)

8. JP

JP Guest

Mom

As I always say, when you have major cards (i.e. Discover, MC, Visa or AMEX)then why do you need retail or gas cards?

The only reason I can think of is if they are offering something like 18 months same as cash. Use this only if you will actually pay it off during the teaser period.

JP

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey JP

Thanks as always:) Yes I will just keep 4 cards and ditch the rest and my hubby will have 3 cards, so we will have 7 total I hope this won't hurt us overall?? but I am working on getting our ratios way down:)

10. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Roni, Student Loan question

Once you consolidated, do you know how much (or if at all) your score went up?

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni, Student Loan questio

It is almost impossible to determine because I applied for so much new credit which dropped my score. Before consolidating my score was 594 on 4/1/00 from eloan. That was with 1 cc for one year never late. That was my only positive. I also had 3 collections which I got off around the same time. In the summer (7/00) my score was 620. I had about 20-60 inq. depending on the credit bureau. since my credit accounts were stil new, I would think the increase was due to the negatives dropping. But remember, consolidation doesnot help your score. It will only leave you with a paid collection. It was when I deleted some items including the student loans that I got increases.
    Equifax is my worst report period. they list consolidated student loans as 120days late regardless. they suck.

roni.

Carrot wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Once you consolidated, do you know how much (or if at all) your score went up?

12. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Roni, Student Loan questio

Thanks for the response. Luckily, my loans have never been delinquent, mostly because I plan to stay in school until I'm 66. I was hoping that having some paid installment loans would help my score since they are reporting as "paid, never late", but then again that huge $24K loan from Dept of Ed probably lowered it again!

Equifax is my worst report, too. They won't remove anything--even incorrect items.