File a Complaint

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by worried, Mar 8, 2001.

1. worried

worried Guest

I want to file a complaint about a bank (remember charged off auto loan) Who should I file it with? Also, will it really make a difference? Should I threaten first? What do you think, Marie?

I was going to send the complain to the BBB, attourney general, FTC, and banking and commerce division of my state

2. bigboy

bigboy Guest

try www.planetfeedback.com.

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

state or federal bank?

If it's a state bank, start with your state banking department. But here's what the New Jersey banking department's web site says about filing complaints against federally chartered financial institutions:

"The New Jersey Division of Banking has no jurisdiction with respect to federally chartered banks. They may use the word "National" or "N.A." in its name. Complaints against National banks, even if the bank is located in New Jersey should be directed to:

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
    250 E Street, SW
    Washington, DC 20219
    Telephone: (202) 874-5000

Note: The Division of Banking has no jurisdiction with respect to federally chartered savings and loan or savings banks. They may use the word "federal", "F.A." or "F.S.B." in its name. Complaints against federal savings and loans or savings banks should be directed to:

Office of Thrift Supervision
    Consumer Service Section
    10 Exchange Place
    Jersey City, NJ 07302
    Telephone: 1 (800) 253-2181 or (201) 413-1000 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)

Note: The Division of Banking has no jurisdiction with respect to federally chartered credit unions. They may use the word "federal" in its name. Complaints or inquiries regarding these credit unions, even if it is located in NJ, should be directed to:

National Credit Union Administration
    Region II
    Suite 4206
    1775 Duke Street
    Alexandria, VA 22314-3437
    Telephone: (703) 838-0401"