Filed Complaints Against Orcha

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Greg, Nov 25, 2000.

1. Greg

Greg Guest

In July, 2000, I called Orchard to get an APR reduction on my account. I have been a customer with them for 3 1/2 years with no lates or overlimits. All of my other accounts are in excellent condition. I received a letter from Orchard stating that "as of 7/1/00...your corresponding APR is 16.4%". I received my November statement and, not a surprise, the APR is still 19.4". I have compained to Orchard every month about this to numerous supervisors and to the manager of Cardholder Operations. After all of the "I'm sorry, I will fix it now", "I don't know what happened, but it IS fixed NOW", "Oops" and so forth, I paid off my account and wrote them a letter to close the account. I have also filed a complaint with the FTC, the Department of Thrift Supervision and the Attorney General of the State of Washington's Office for violating the cardholder agreement. I do not expect anything from Orchard, like a retro credit on interest, but wanted to make it clear that I would not just sit here and let them violate their agreement with me. Sorry about the long post, but I had to let it all out!

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

RE: Filed Complaints Against O

what else do you want them to do? they have apologized for their mistake. it's almost like you want to keep it going on as if there is some payoff for you to keep the saga going. accept their apology and go on. let go of the anger. i work in cust svc and deal with complaints everyday and i fail to see why customer's are often unwilling to forgive and forget. didn't they acknowledge your feelings and offer to fix it? is there a payoff for you by wanting them to be punished? hope it works out for you...

3. Greg

Greg Guest

It is obvious that you did not completely read the post. This has been ongoing for 5 months. The issue has never been resolved. When the issuer agrees to do something and fails to do so, "I'm sorry" gets old. I do not expect Orchard to do anything at all, but it is my right to complain to the proper agencies that they have neglected the change in terms on the credit card agreement. When a credit card issuer decides to raise interest rates and gives you the obligitory 15 day notice, doesn't the issuer demand your compliance to the "updated" agreement? Yes. Either comply or close your account. This is no different.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

you can complain but really don't think it will get anywhere. i see complaints everyday and in the end they all get filed. you say your side we say our side and that is typically the end of it. it all ends up getting filed. i am an orchard customer too. i am upset that they never raise my limit even though i have been with them 10 months now. i hope they get better about things too.

Greg wrote:
    -------------------------------
    It is obvious that you did not completely read the post. This has been ongoing for 5 months. The issue has never been resolved. When the issuer agrees to do something and fails to do so, "I'm sorry" gets old. I do not expect Orchard to do anything at all, but it is my right to complain to the proper agencies that they have neglected the change in terms on the credit card agreement. When a credit card issuer decides to raise interest rates and gives you the obligitory 15 day notice, doesn't the issuer demand your compliance to the "updated" agreement? Yes. Either comply or close your account. This is no different.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

If you had "read" his post , you would see that this has been going on for 4 months despite numerous promises to fix it from many supervisors and the manager. "didn't they acknowledge your feelings and offer to fix it? " Yes they offered but apparently didn't do it.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

greg--

sorry to hear that you had this experience. i have been with orchard a long time and got my interest rate reduced. they followed through.
    i have never had a problem with them doing what they said anytime i've dealt with them. i've gotten annual fee waivers, worked out a couple of merchant disputes and have gotten regular, decent credit line increases.

you probably have not been dealing with orchard itself but with bankcard services which is an independent company that processes payments and deals with customer service. i would call the bank president's office in oregon and followup with a letter. include the letter confirming the APR reduction and copies of the subsequent statements. you will probably get action.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I do not understand why you employees of these companies try to defend their violations of consumer rights. When the company that you work for does something that is wrong, you should not try to defend them. You just work for them. You dont own the company. You dont make enough money there to even try to defend them as a customer service rep, especially on your offtime. The last thing that we need on this board is the representative of the credit bureaus and credit card co. coming here to tell us that we have no business venting our problems. Hello. That is what this board is all about. Now, if you have some info on how to get apr reductions, line increases, etc please do so. If you work for a company and you want to tell us inside info, I welcome it. But all that other garbage is not helping creditnet.com at all. Just dont wanna hear the defenses of something that is a clear violation of consumer rights.

roni.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thank you for your comments. Posters here normally have all positive things to say about Orchard Bank but I am glad to hear some opposing info. I have their card and was keeping them a little longer because I thought, well they were a decent and legit company. Thanks for your side of things.

roni

9. skip

skip Guest

dave!

I,ve had orchard for two years, no lates no overlimits. At the end of the first year I got an increase of $200.A year later, last Friday, out of anger I called Orchard and threatened to close my account. They gave me another $200. increase and reduced my annual fee by $29.00. My annual fee for some reason is $70.00 but when I check out online the annual fee for the same card is $49.00. What's the deal? IF you don't mind me asking how often did you get your increases and how much? Alot of people have posted here how tight Orchard is. I have never gotten an automatic increase,also when I asked the rep why I hadn't gotten an increase in the last year he said I should have. Thanks!

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To: dave!

What I dont understand is how does Orchard expect to make interest off people if they keep credit limits so low. The higher the balance the more interest they can make. Keeping the limit low just makes the customer use their card less. Do they make their money on the high annual fees. Or do they really not have a collection department and can not afford to let customers charge off high balances. I am just wondering.

roni

11. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: dave!

I am totally mystified. I have had my accounts with Orchard since 1994 which is quite a long time. I get increases on both accounts automatically every three months. I can practically set my watch by when they will post to the website. The last increases were $250 on the visa and $200 on the MC.
    Seems that you have been doing everything right. You might want to ask them to set you up for automatic 3 month reviews. They started doing it this way on my accounts about a year ago. Before that, the increases came every six months. You should insist on a waiver of the entire annual fee. A $70 annual fee is outrageous for good customers.

12. r

r Guest

RE: To: dave!

Excellent point Roni. Because my credit limit with Orchard is only 300, I pay it off in full every month--it's the only card I do this with--so you're right--they are not making any money on interest with me. If I had a higher limit--I probably couldn't pay it off in full each month. On the other hand, because I am, I'm really helping my credit rating!

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

my income is of no consequence to you. you take my words out of context and not as they were meant. everyone is entitled to their own opinion just as you have yours i have mine and we might not all agree. i'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about your citibank thing so don't try to bash others about their opinions....!!!!

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

by the way for your infomation i do not work in the credit industry. i work in the cable tv industry so i have no favortism towards them.

15. skip

skip Guest

RE: dave!

Dave, thanks for the response, I can't believe every three months you get an increase. Iam gonna try to get on that program or get Orchard to get with the program. BTW did you post about a month or two ago saying your Orchard increases came like clockwork? I remember one like it because it was the first time I'd ever seen Orchard doing this.

16. Robert

Robert Active Member

You go JOE!
    The Presumptuous attitudes of some is not helping at all. Points of views should be heard from all angles. I really dont understand the offensive views of some posters.

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I took your words at face value. YOu said somethings and I responded. People tired of citibank discussion. Oh, I wonder why? The ones who are benefitting are not, mr disgruntle customer service man.lol. This is so silly. I'm not responding to you anymore.

roni.

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Cablevision? Now that's a big step up.

roni

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You go boy! And a doseydo.
    roni

20. dave