filing suit against OC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jezy, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. jezy

    jezy Active Member

    I've looked and read all over this site and seem to find some conflicting information. I attempted to validate with a original creditor. It has been 48 days since they received my letter. I have heard nothing and they have not reported the debts as being disputed on my credit report. Can I file suit against them in small claims for violation of the FCRA Section 623? I am talking about the original creditors, not the CA's or CRB's.

    Thanx for all the posts. They are generally very helpful.
  2. lsmith15

    lsmith15 Well-Known Member

    Yes u can file but I would make sure that u have sent the OC at least two letters asking for validation and one ITS letter ITS = Intent to sue once u have all ur ducks in a row if u have the guts and feel u can handle yourself in front of people I would file in Federal costs more but u can get more for damages and trust me on this they OC's, CA's take notice when u file in Federal Court......Getting ready to file on thee CA's after the Labor Day ......if you would like to email me I will try and scan a copy of the complaint and how it looks on my case against one of the CA......of course I will black out all the names and such.

Share This Page