Final Lexington Update (Maybe:-))

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Got my 3rd round results from Lex today. Nothing further deleted from any report. So the second and third rounds were a total bust. I also got nothing from the supervisor at Trans Union on the phone either. So, I canceled Lex today via Fax. I am going to a.) pray they don't screw me and continue to deduct from my account and b.) they follow through with their pledge to refund if they are unable to get results.

You'll only hear back from me if they screw a or b up. LOL. . .

2. Concerned

Ok. Forget about b. I did not stick it out a full year. Only 9 months. Plus, www.creditrights.com has upped the ante to $150 a month to retain. What a complete waste of money. I paid a total of $1650 to them for a total of 3 or 4 deletions. Well, I am just going to move on. But here is their guarantee as an FYI for anyone considering. Note you must give them a year AND they can decide if you had to few negs to delete to charge more per deletion when calculating a refund.

Cheers!

SERVICE WARRANTY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Firm warranties the success of its work by offering some or all of the client's money back if enough disputed items aren't deleted. After twelve months, if the client requests it, the Firm will add up each deleted or improved credit listing and will assign a value of $100 to each such item. If that total is not greater than the total fees paid by the client, the difference will be refunded.
    This should not be understood to mean that Lexington will charge its regular fees plus $100 per deleted item. Rather, the $100 per deleted item is simply used as a value to help Lexington and the client calculate the program's success.

For example, at the end of twelve months you have forwarded credit reports every ninety days and completed your commitments to the service. You originally had 10 negative listings on each of your credit reports that you wanted removed. Your Experian report deleted 8 listings but 2 still remain, Trans Union deleted all 10, and Equifax deleted 9 and 1 item still remained. That means:

Bureau Deleted Remaining
    Experian 8 2
    Trans Union 10 0
    Equifax 9 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals 27 3

Value of deleted items for warranty calculations 27 x $100 $2700.00
    You paid in total retainer fees $2045.00
    Amount you get back for the warranty $0.00

Now, imagine that at the end of twelve months your results were not so good. You have forwarded credit reports every ninety days and completed your commitments to the service, but success was hit and miss with the bureaus. You originally had 10 negative listings on each of your credit reports that you wanted removed. Your Experian report deleted only 4 listings and left 6 remaining, Trans Union none, and Equifax deleted 7 and 3 items still remained. That means:

Bureau Deleted Remaining
    Experian 4 6
    Trans Union 0 10
    Equifax 7 3

Totals 11 19

Value of deleted items for warranty calculations 11 x $100 $1100.00
    You paid in total retainer fees $2045.00
    Amount you get back for the warranty $945.00

While the second example shows results that are very low for someone who has forwarded sufficient credit reports, it is a good example of how the warranty works. Again, it is important to emphasize that, even when Lexington gets results far beyond your warranty amount, you do not owe any more money. The warranty valuations are just so that you can feel comfortable in knowing that Lexington has a stake in helping you to achieve a high level of success.

If you have very few negative items when you begin the service, so that if all were deleted the value would still not equal the warranty value, then your negative items will be assigned a new value equal to your total retainer fees divided by the total number of negative items.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry this didn't work out for you, Concerned. Please keep us informed as to how they handle your cancellation. So, will you be going it "alone" now as far as disputes go?

4. Concerned

I think I am going to go it alone. But I need a couple weeks off. This stuff is emotionally draining and takes a lot out of me. So I should have the old fire back in me by then!

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

A little "vacation" from it is a good thing! enjoy!!

You could go in Nana's swimmy poo...
    Or come to my beach...

breeze

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd get within 500 yards of a "swimmy poo" even if I knew what one was. :)

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

swimmy poo=SWIMMING POOL=CEMENT POND...

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

It was a joke, George.

:)

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OK

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

rofl...hahaha..ok, everyone must keep in mind that I have a 2 1/2 year old grandson...my whole language ability is an issue right now...LOL

So, peeze unnerstan, k?

12. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Final Lexington Update (Maybe:-

Incidentally, I don't think I'd get within 500 yards of a "peeze unnerstan" even if I knew what one was. :)

Randy

P.S. It was a joke, George.

(Shoot me.)