Finally $300 to $500

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Orchards', Mar 25, 2001.

1. Orchards'

Orchards' Guest

I am having Orchard's unsecured MC from Oct. 2000 with $300 limit.
    They have finally..automatically (no requests) increased the credit
    line to $500 (300 to 500).. ......$200/- more.

2. Dallas

Dallas Guest

You go. I had them for a year and they didnot give an increase at all. No lates, and no over the limits. I paid $10 for the little $100 increase that I did get.

Cancelled last month.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Ever since bought by Household Bank, Orchard is a waste of time & money. As a Household rep said on this board, their typical increase is $100 every 6 months. So in *5 years*, you may be looking at a $1K increase... And paying $10 for a $100-increase is an insult. No thanks, if I was in that credit situation, I'd go for a Providian. Especially when we know the fees for increases can be waived, same goes for annual fees.

Saar

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

My experience with Orchard has been very good. I have two accounts that get automatic increases every 3 months. They usually run $300 each time and I've never been charged a fee. The credit lines are now $5,000 and $2,200. I don't like having to call them every year to get the annual fee waived which they always do, and wish they would just waive it permanently. It also seems that I have reached rock bottom on the interest rate, currently 16.4. They promised me a 15.9 variable which went up the last time the fed increased rates but never came down with any of recent cuts. I am discussing this with them now. Although this is a rather high purchase rate and for that reason, I don't carry a balance, it's not bad rate if I need a cash advance.

If anyone knows whether Orchard offers a lower rate, please let me know.

5. Dallas

Dallas Guest

Dave

You are obviously Orchard Banks most valued customer.

6. bj

bj Guest

Re: Dave

Dallas-
    If you 'purchase' an increase, it restarts the clock. You probablly would have received an automatic increase had you held out. :)

7. roni/dalla

roni/dalla Guest

Whatever, I dont have the card anymore. They were my lowest limit period.

roni/dallas

8. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Dallas--

Been with them since '94 and have always paid on time. That probably counts for something. These cards are not the best around but I keep them because it's good to have a lengthy account reporting to the CRAs. Last year I closed Capital One after six years but kept Orchard because it is much better than Capital One. Most of my other accounts are very new--opened in 2000.