finally able to delete inquire

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Oct 16, 2000.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

wow !! just recived update cr today and looks like trans union delete all disputed inquirie from reports same with equifax still waiting for experian , i delete atleast 12-15 from both these reports.

2. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: finally able to delete inq

That's great! I know there are alot of people on this board who were curious about that.

Were they inquiries that you, indeed, authorized, but they failed to verify - or couldn't verify - so they removed them?

What sort of creditors were removed?

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Congrat's Steve!

Please elaborate: On what grounds did you dispute them? How many inquiries did you dispute with each credit bureau? How long has it taken them to respond, and do you think they contacted the creditors?

Sorry for all the Q's, but this success is not very common and there aren't many other sources of information in this matter. TIA.

Saar

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

same questions as Saar, do tell please??

5. JimmyW

JimmyW Guest

I disputed the majority of my inquires directly with the creditors. About 50% of them actually called me to discuss, and had my application infront of them, some of them older than 6 months. The other 50% just sent me a letter stating that they had investigated the inquiry and were unable to remove them on the grounds that they had received an application in my name, matching my social security number. Discover even sent me a form to file a fraud claim on my behalf with the credit bureaus that someone was using my ss# and info to obtain credit. All of the inquires were actual internet applications.

So we keep on trying, what do we have to lose! LOL :)

6. new

new Guest

Did you send them copies of the letters you received or just dispute them again? I have received alot of letters and phone calls after writing to all of them now I'm hoping to have them removed. Do the CRAs send you a new report when they delete inquires? Thanks
    Also do I need to wait 90 days to redispute something?

7. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I Dispute almost 12 , some of these inquries are done over the phone , some on computer online , reson:not belong to me

works with me ...

8. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I sent letters to many creditors trying to get inquiries removed.

Results: So far 1 company has agreed to remove them. 1 company has agreed to re-classify as PRM, and all the rest said they will not remove the inquiry!

So what is the next step?

9. enchan

enchan Guest

what is a PRM?

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

PRM is a "soft Inquiry" it isn't seen by creditors, so it won't hurt you.