Finally Aprroved By Amex!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Actually, there seems to be a glitch in the sytem in AMEX, Membership Banking, I was told that I was actually approved 3 weeks ago but that everytime they tried to open a new account the system rejected it. I think the credit net board wore them out a month back and now the system keeps declining every application.

In fact, they had opened 4 accounts for me but the system keeps rejecting it so hopefully things will work out soon.

If anyone has had instant approval lately, please say so, because AMEX is having fits with the computer now.

Tommyy: Actually, it took a few days to get a call back but I was told that they were working out the kinks and would set up account and order my checks for me.

I think that number only works for the Membership Banking, MP. Thank!

Cypri:)

2. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    Thanks for the response. I have not received the decline letter yet so I'll wait for that before I write my letter. What reasons were you given for denial?
    I called Experian and they confirmed that AMEX pulled a soft inquiry. The CSR stated I had One derog (paid collection 1996) and 25 positive accounts. I called the new application dept and they were clueless what the requirements were for the LOC. I called new app's for credit cards and they stated their revolving type credit cards wer just a bit more easy to get. She did state they require that you have two exixsting credit card listed on your report with over 1 years worth of positive payments (most recent) . If you don't have this its an automatic decline.