Finally Cleared 600 on EQ!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by keltexx, Aug 3, 2001.

1. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Pulled my report direct from EQ-looks like the inquiry removal and duplicate account helped me out.

Yeah! I know it still sucks, but I am out of the 500's.

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

How did you get the inquiry removed from those bastards at eq?

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Please advise how you got the inquiry removed from Equifax. Everytime I dispute an inquiry with them I get the standard response from Glenn King.

Manny

4. timjcathom

timjcathom Well-Known Member

I disputed 8 inquiries wit a phone call a week ago. They deleted all of them.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

What did you say?? I can't get any inquiries removed - and they are all unauthorized or should have been consumer disclosure instead of hard inquiries.

breeze

6. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Sorry not to respond sooner, I lost track of the thread.

I had an inquiry removed from Equifax that was placed on my report by my telephone company in April of 2000. I had been switched to another phone company without my knowledge.

I disputed about 4 other items, including another inquiry from a collection agency. I handwrote the letter. I kept the wording very simple, i.e. "This inquiry is incorrect. I did not authorize the inquiry, nor at any time was I informed that my credit report would be pulled." Delete.

Of course, the collection agency remained. The reason-"because this creditor appears on your report, we cannot delete these inquiries. This will remain for two years." So much for permissable purpose.

I am just happy to get one inquiry deletion. That, along with deletion of 3 lates, only raised my score by about 10 points.

7. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Tim,

You were able to get 8 inquiries removed from Equifax with just a telephone call? That's awsome!

Do you recall who you spoke to and what did you say to them? Thanks for your info.

Manny

8. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Tim, If you are out there, would you mind sharing this information?

Thanks!!!