Finally Closed Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Jun 15, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I finally broke down and called providian to close my account. When I opened the account, they gave me a limit of 100.00 since then, Ive had to harrass someone in their exec. offices to get my limit increased. They only increased it to 200.00. I found out today that my account is under some program called "credit builders" meaning that, after the 6 month, they increase credit limit to 300, then after 12 month you start getting better increases.

I didnt think it was worth it to have this card. Its not doing nothing for me. Although, i did like having it when Im out, it forces me to not charge up a lot (with only a 200 limit).

O, well, My goal now is to try to build stronger credit and higher limits. Having providian would not have helped at this point. I would have had to wait for 1 year to see anything worth while. Im sure down the road, they will send me a preapproved offer.

PROVIDIAN WAS MY FIRST CARD AFTER NOT HAVING CREDIT FOR A YEAR, AND THEY DID GIVE ME A CHANCE WHILE I WAS STARTING MY CREDIT REPAIR.

Bye bye providian! :(

psugirl

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

How long did you have the Providian card? Providian was also my first card, but I'm going to close it pretty soon since I'm not using it (no grace period). I'm just worried that it will lower my score a lot since it is my oldest tradeline.