FINALLY got my score.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by judyputy, Mar 26, 2001.

1. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I called today to get the charge taken off my debit card since I never got my score and went through the whole thing with the rep about the duplicate ssn under my name. She couldn't find it either. I told her the main Equifax rep couldn't find a duplication either. She noted that my account said it was held until verification due to multiple files so she went digging. After a few minutes she found the duplicate ssn. She was much more helpful than the first lady. She asked me all sorts of questions trying to figure out how they got linked. Was anyone an AU on my accounts. Yes, just hubby. It wasn't his ssn. She then just asked me if I knew of (gave me the name). I said THAT'S MY FATHER. I gave her his ssn (if you are a military brat you know your father's ssn by heart) and she said yep that's it. She asked me if he had ever co-signed anything for me and he had. A car loan when I was 17 years old. Somehow his ssn was tied under me in that transaction.

She must have hit about 3000 keys and said she got it all fixed in my file. Took his ssn from under me and then got my score straightened out and said okay you can access your score now. So there are some very nice people who work at Equifax. She really worked for a while to dig out exactly what was happening with my account and then fix it. The last chick just said send in some verification. She never tried to find out what happened.

So anyway, my score is 695. It's exactly where I though it was. A little higher than the Q=space of 679. I just have to work a little bit to get it raised up. It gave me all the reason codes and they are right. I agree with each one. Well, except one. One was length of accounts. Most of mine are from 1987 to 1989. I think that's pretty long, but whatever. The other codes were:

too high of a debt to balance ratio
    balances too high
    Too many inquires in 12 months ( I have 7)

That right. I have perfect credit...and LOTS of it. No negatives at all. So I just have to work at getting somethings paid down.

judy

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

That's wonderful, Judy. I glad everything worked out for you.

Dani

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Good for you!!!! Keep us updated on how your score goes up! What is your goal with your credit?
    am

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congratulations. that is a great score.

5. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

AnnMarie

I guess our goal is to be homeowners again. We have no bad things on our reports but have too much owed. So I just have to work at getting the balances paid off or low enough to qualify for the loans.

It's a simple goal, unfortunately one that can only be accomplished with time.

thanks,

judy

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Judyputy

Ah...we have the same goal. Since there's a kind of 'core' group of us that are actively seeking to acquire homes we should all be able to learn a lot from each other :)
    Do you feel you could get a favorable mortgage with your score right now? It was...695 right?
    much luck to ya!

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats

Great score Judy:)

Mom

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Congrats

Congratulations, judy! I am very happy for you. I'm also glad you stayed on top of Equifax until they corrected your file. That may have caused some problems down the road. :)