Finally...On My Way to AAA!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

As you all might have read, I have been fighting w/ this collection agency over 3 checks that I supposedly wrote. I decided to call them just now after 2 validation letters went ignored. The rep stated that the debts have been CANCELED due to the fact that validity of the debts could not be verified!!!!!!!!! I guess that second letter worked. Either they couldn't get any info from Safeway or they got copies of the checks and they did not have my signature on it! I will go down there tomorrow and have them draft me a letter to send to all 3 CRAs. The rep stated that they should be sending me a letter and that they would be deleting this from my file.

This is great news! Now, the only thing left is that dreaded tow bill for $1200. I'll wait and see what Junum can do on the second round. If that doesn't pan out, then I'll pay the original creditor in exchange for complete removal!

I am extremely excited....I am finally on my way to AAA credit (whatever that is!). I wonder how these changes will effect my credit score? With that, 6 paid chargeoffs and 1 settled for less than full amount, my score was STILL 605!!!!!!

Thanks guys for all your support!

2. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Re: Finally...On My Way to AAA

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. AAA Credit is on the way.

:)))))

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations, I'm rooting for you! This should help your score enormously. Keep us informed! :)

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Long story...basically my ex who I co-signed for on an auto loan left the car on the side of the road (blown engine) and a tow company towed it and charged towing and storage fees totalling $1010. The rest were fees charged by the collection agency. The car was sold through lien for $100 some odd bucks and that was applied towards the balance. Then they just fowarded to a collection agency.

The tow company has agreed to $300 (tow fee plus 1 weeks storage) in exchange for deletion but I see that Junum is working on this item againd so I'll wait until the end of this month to see the outcome. If no outcome, I'll be down at the tow company w/ a cashier's check and a letter stating our agreement! :-D