Finally over the hump!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jul 17, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone....

I'm sitting in my cubicle so I can't jump up and down or yell so I'll yell here. My first milestone has been reached! I had been stuck at around 490 on all three of my FICOs when I began my credit repair in mid-May. My goal was to get over 500 on at least two so I could qualify for a sub-prime mortgage by next summer.

Well, about 20 disputes later (and about 16 deletions), my EQ is at 549 and my TU is 530! To many, this may be modest (500ish scores) but I didn't think I could improve by 40-60 points in a month and a half!

Yahoo! Next goal - get to mid 600s by next summer.

Tom

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow, Tom..congrats!!! Go ahead and yell..what the heck..could make your day more interesting!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations Tom!!

breeze

4. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Good job! I know when I hit a milestone, be it a score or a deletion, I get real excited. It actually keeps this credit repair exciting.

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Waaaaaay cool, Tom! This will keep it interesting for you/us!

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

Cyprigirl:)

7. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Tom, congratulations on your success. It's nice to score a victory every once in a while in the war against the CRA's! Way to go. I am hoping to reach my milestone - FICO's over 600 - in the next couple of months. All it takes is time, persistence, and optimism. And never say die!

8. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Congrat's Tom!!!

9. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Congratualtions Tom! Such quick improvement is encouraging to me - I'm afraid to mail out letters to the cra's yet!

10. tmitchell

I've mailed just one letter (my first dispute). The remaining disputes were all done online. Some of the account were legitimately mine and I was still able to get them off.

Good luck in your pursuit!

Tom

11. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi Tom,

Great for you!

I do have a question. What caused the original score of 490? If you don't mind me asking. When I started my quest to rebuild I was at 527 two years ago. I had 2 repos and bunches of collections at that time. I'm now averaging 640.

I just haven't seen anybody here starting at less than 500.

You are doing a great job!

Mike

12. tmitchell

Mike....

I had a Chapter 7 BK discharged in 1998. I had several chargeoffs and collections after that (most were not mine, many were).

I have since gotten 99% of the collections deleted and all of the stuff that wasn't mine is now gone too.

Tom