Finally some CapOne Results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 24, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Okay -- I was finally able to get through to Mr. Miller at Capital One. While I was not able to get a line increase, he did give me an APR of 15.9% and unsecured my account.

I was also offered an opportunity to do a balance transfer at 15.9% up to my available credit limit.

2. Frank

Frank Guest

Re: Finally some CapOne Result

Dave,

Did you owe CapOne anything - like a chargeoff or bk - before this account?

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Dave

Congrats. Sounds like you negotiated quite well. As you know I was quite happy with what I got even though the limit increase was $300 not $1,000.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: To: Dave

Frank, I hadn't even heard of Capital One before I was offered this account a year ago, so no I didn't have any sort of past with them.

Jim, the darndest thing about this was I have been trying to get to this guy at Capital One since my planetfeedback message on the 18th, but he's never been around. Today I got a letter from him "confirming" our telephone conversation (that didn't happen) and restating the interest rate reduction. When I called him and got through today he said he lowered the rate right away when he got my planetfeedback message in anticipation of my contacting him.

He also said he arranged to unsecure the card, and offered me the balance transfer. I was so stunned, that I didn't negotiate anything. I just thanked him and hung up the phone. Well, I did try to get a limit increase by asking if I could transfer more than my current credit limit. He said that was not possible at this time.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Dave

I think this guy is buried under Planet Feedback requests. My apr. reduction to 13.9% was a done deal when I called the consumer advocate.