Finally success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well after months and months of trying to get Equifax to just code my hubby's PAID collection correctly, I got my results of my last investigation, they DELETED the whole entry!!! It took the full 30 days so I assume the CA didn't verify this since it's paid and they have been having to verify this wrongly coded account for months, maybe they took the hint that I wasn't going away LOL. So that brought his score from 577 to 644 with that one deletion.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mom,

That's great news! All of your perseverance and hard work have paid off. And what a jump in Hubby's score, too! That's great!

Donna

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna, I have worked very hard on this one with Equifax , honestly I just wanted it to be coded correctly but the deletion was a big surprise and I couldn't be happier:)

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Mom,

That's fantastic! Wow. What a huge jump. I hope that it disappears from the lenders' reports as well. Great going!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Marci, the reason for such a jump is b/c they had a "95" paid collection as currently/recent delinquent and that basically crushed his score, he had no other negatives and when the item was incorrectly reporting 3 out of his 4 codes were just for that account. I am quite pleased.

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I know. This is the kind of drama I think Marie is dealing with on the Experian report re an old I5 listing coded as "current", Steven Anderson is dealing with on Equifax - and that you discussed on Bayhouse. I think these CRAs are so corrupt. You should tell Christine how high his score jumped.

Anyway, that's great. So now you and you husband can compete for who gets the Amex platinum first. :)

If I ever marry, I hope that I can be the kind of resource to my husband and family that you obviously have been to your own when it comes to money/credit management.

Later,

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

That is excellent news! I'm so happy for you and hubby! Wow!

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

WOW! I'm amazed! We are talking about the utility bill, right? At any rate.....I can't belive the dramatic jump in his score. That is awsome.

Get the b-ball hoop up yet???

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Mom,

I've got a problem that you can help me with. I have a collection where the date of last activity was actually 5/97, however it was not placed with a collections agency until 11/2000, because I was disputing/ignoring the bill. Well, on my credit files, the 5/97 date is "buried" whereas the prominent date is 11/2000 as placed in collections. Is this correct? Can I dispute this and ask that the 5/97 date be the date they report. The CRA's have it scheduled to come off in 2004, but this 11/2000 is being used in the calculation of my credit score. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. I finally paid the darn thing, because I was afraid it would keep me from closing.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hi newcomer.

When did you pay this off?? Have you tried disputing this after it was paid?? I had no luck with Eq or the CA prior to this account being paid off. I tried numerous letters and finally threatened to file a complaint with the FTC, BBB and AG, they still didn't budge for me.

From what you have said it will fall off when it is supposed to, however making the other date more recent will hurt your score, my hubby is proof of that.

I would start disputing about the dates and keep disputing, I probably have disputed this account atleast 10 times in a 12 month period, I think persitance about this account and also I think the CA may have been getting tired of verfiying this over and over and since it was paid they just chose to not verify it .

What agency are you dealing with and what was the amount??

11. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

WOW....GREAT JOB! What a huge jump! I would be dancing a jig in the street!!!!!!

Shawn

'keep on disputing'

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

That's great news mom!! I know how hard you have worked to get this corrected. Your persistence really paid off. You should be proud of yourself. Your husband owes you a night out on the town. Make sure you collect!! :-D

13. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Great job!

I can totally relate!

Collections really can kill your score or make your score.

I am proof of that today!

Congrats!

Cypri:)

14. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Yeah Mom,
    That is so awesome and man what a jump:)
    Congratulations!!!!!

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congrats Mom,
    I too am glad to see that blasted collection gone with its erroneous coding.

16. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great for you ...!!

I wish I was that lucky with my husbands report...LOL

Keep us posted... :)

MartysGirl