Fingerhut

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jzilla, Aug 21, 2001.

1. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Wow! Instant 3 yr tradeline! Fingerhut just showed up on my Equifax. 01/98 opened, pays as agrees. Anyone else have this happen? I have a low balance and a high limit so this will hopefully help my FICO a little.

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hey Jill,

Congrats. I hope it helps your score! What kind of account is Equifax showing this as?

I'm just curious because I did the Fingerhut thing before I did the credit rebuilding thing. I thought the only way they would report the account was if it was past due. Please let us know if they report your account info corectly.

And as of today Fingerhut has not shown up on Equifax.

M

3. Tiff

Tiff Member

My husband and I each have fingerhut accounts for a couple of years now. Doesn't show up on CBR, we just bought a house and it wasn't on there.

4. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

It shows up as a revolving account. Paid as agrees, never late. I was always under the impression that they didn't report unless you screwed up. I was kind of freaked when I got the Privista alert that a new account had been opened under my name at Fingerhut. Then I looked closer and saw that it was my account being reported in good standing and almost 4yrs old. My Privista score jumped 10 points. I'm going to check my FICO in the next few days.