Fingerhut

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roshell, Jan 6, 2001.

1. roshell

roshell Guest

Do anyone purchase from Fingerhut? If so do they report it to any of the CRA?

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

No, they do not report to the credit bureaus. You can request them to report but they won't. They will send you a letter that you can send to the credit bureaus yourself and ask them to add it to your file. Although, this is a manual input, it will not be updated after that. Meaning, if your balance is $499 and your limit is $500, it will stay that way which doesn't look good. I've never done it but that is what someone told me.

3. roshell

roshell Guest

have u had any problems with the item u purchase from them?

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The reason why a Fingerhut account is easy to obtain is because the merchandise that they offer (name brand and off brand) is WAY OVER PRICED!!!!! If you don't believe me, pick an electronic item out of their catalog and then go to an Electronics store and compare prices. I think it's a high price to pay if you don't have great credit and need time to pay on stuff....especially since they don't report. They will, however, report you if you default! I know several people that have old Fingerhut accounts on their reports.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Like MP said, they are over priced. For example, they now carry Calvin Klein, Fubu, and Polo clothing but it is full price. I don't know about their orders but they do report if you default, my friend told me.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Actually, fingerhut cards are good for roxy.com and andysgarage.com which aren't terribly overpriced places. But fingerhut stuff IS.

7. Killer

Killer Guest

I have a Fingerhut card but I have never ordered from them! That's because their proces are indeed too high! Instead I order from the numerous other dotcoms that accept Fingerhut's card. Log on to their site and look for links to the sites that accept the card. My favorite is handtech.com. Handtech's regular prices are normal but I have caught some great sales. I think some of others offer nice prices too.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Fingerhut will report your account to the bureaus if you request. Send a fax requesting that to:Richard Greene
    320-654-4016. It may take up to 2 months but they will do it. I did it.