First Bankcard (1st Nat. of Omaha)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mj, Aug 18, 2001.

1. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Damn.

Got a love note from them this week ...

"as part of our normal account review process, we're raising your rates to 16.99" ... from 9.99.

Called, asked WHY... was told that because we don't use the card much (we use it for balance xfers) they're trying to focus on customers who use the cards frequently.

Ugh. We were keeping a few thousand on that card. Oh well, guess it doesn't make them enough money. It sucks 'cause it was a $13k limit.

Cut the cards up and mailed 'em back. I'll pay it off with the new home equity loan.

I'm taking them off my list of "cards I really like and recommend."

-mj

2. SCHOLR

SCHOLR Well-Known Member

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AN UNUSED CARD WILL HELP F.I.C.O.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

You could periodically use a service like Yahoo Paydirect to move around money from card to card. I would hate to lose a card with that limit.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Mike. It may pay to keep the card at 16.9%, they will come around with offers, just use them when it is advantageous. It is better to have unused credit than no credit. To deal from strength, you need available credit at all times. I have their card and I am one of those balance tranfer only users. In my mind it is one of the best ways to use credit.

www.creditsense.com