First Consumers National Bank?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Toml, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Toml

Toml Guest

I applied for this card after hearing good things from this board. I already have Capital One and thinking about applying at Providian. How good are they about credit card increases? I do a lot of business travel, (twice a year to Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, four times a year to Las Vegas, and twice a year to Korea/China), and I realize that I'm going to need more than a $500 card if I have an emergency.

TomL

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: First Consumers National B

Hi TomL
    Well, I just closed my FCNB account. The only reason I closed it was because it was secured. I have unsecured cards now with higher limits. But they are a good bank. I started with a $300 deposit. I got a $450 credit limit. I opened it in 4/00. They gave me an automatic increase to $550 in sept. I didnot even ask for it. I noticed the increase when checking my balances. Customer Service is nice as pie. Good Choice.

roni.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

First Consumers is great because:

1. you get an extra 25% credit over your deposit.

2. You can increase any time you want.

If you need a card for travel I sujest you try and get an Amex!

4. Toml

Toml Guest

I'm already an approved user on the gold AMEX company card with a $50,000 limit, with a perfect payment record and which has been open since 1987, which they are not reporting on my credit (damn!), and I'm applying for an unsecured card at FCNB. I just need a backup for the company AMEX. When you're in middle of China and need cash, believe me, you WANT a backup.

TomL