First National Bank of Marin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by T, Nov 24, 2000.

1. T

T Guest

What is the proper way to close your account with these guys. I have a partially secured card in which $200 was added when I received the card they gave me a $300 credit line. I was told by the rep that I had 2 choices on how to close this account 1) pay the total balance and they will send me a chec for $200 or 2) pay the amount due minus the $200 plus the monlthy charge up into February with is $6.00 and the finance charge and the account with be paid in full. Has anybody ever close an account with these folks, or what is your opinion on the best way to do this. I will be sending them the money on the 27th of Nov.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: First National Bank of Mar

I closed my account with FNBM in 5/00. At the time I had a 0 balance. I told them to close the account with the notation "closed at consumer request" to the credit bureau. I would not allow them to collect the $6.00 monthly fee until February. Neither would I allow them to calculate amount owed, deduct finance charges etc. Why? That is just too complicated. If you send them a check for the amount owed on your statement you will be assured the account is closed properly. The 2nd method leaves too much room for error. And I would never allow them that much room to screw me. That is what I would do for any subprime bank like FNBM.

roni

3. T

T Guest

RE: First National Bank of Mar

I appreciate your suggestion on the best way to close this account. But I choose to close it without them sending me the $200 I will let them keep that amount that in my saving account. I hope I don't have any problems out this company. I choose to close this account because I despise them calling me 3 - 4 day before my payment is due to remind me of a payment, also my payment was due on the 8 of everymonth the holiday was on the 9 they credited my payment on the 10th and charge me a 29.00 late fee. I would not recommend this card to anybody not even someone that has badddddd credit, stay away.