FIRST NATIONAL BANK SCAM?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Arthur, Apr 25, 2000.

1. Arthur

Arthur Guest

I received a call this morning from First National Bank of Marin, the rep told me I was approved for a VISA, then she asked me if I had any other credit cards, if the limits were over 500, I told her yes, then she transferred me to the new accounts department, I was half asleep, the rep then told me all of the advantages of the 1st national card, then proceeded to sell me voicemail at $12.95 a month, not really knowing what was going on, I followed her pitch, at the end of the call she thanked me and advised me to fill out my app when it arrived in the mail, what A rip off! I immediatly called the cs# they gave me after I woke up and realized what I did, they were going to charge 12.95 to my phone bill every month.....what a fucking scam, happen to anybody else?

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: FIRST NATIONAL BANK SCAM??

Sure sounds like a scam to me. Call your local phone company and tell them what happened and tell them that you would like to block this company from charging anything to your local phone bill and that if anything from this company does show up on your phone bill you are going to dispute it and not pay for it.

3. Lorrie

Lorrie Guest

I go the same phone call. I said yes I have a major credit card, and yes my limit is over $500. The lady then told me I was over qualified and have a good day!

Very weird!

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

This place is only good for the following:

Paying a $10 service fee to have one positive credit line on your report, regardless of past credit history. Imo that may be worthwhile to some rebuilding credit, otherwise its a rip.

5. C.S.

C.S. Guest

I work for First National Bank of Marin and I can honestly tell you we have NO PROGRAMS that are for $12.95, let alone anything to do with your phone bill. We ONLY handle credit cards. Call 1-877-TAKE CHARGE for more info...