FIRST National Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mspencer, Jul 12, 2001.

1. mspencer

mspencer Member

I am on the road to credit recovery. Is there any hope of upgrading or getting a decent credit limit with this company.

Does anyone have any experience with this card? I have had it for 11 months now and still only have a $350 credit limit.

I have a CAP1 $300 limit, Get Smart $500 limit, Optima secured and This FNCC card.

I have 5 charge offs from 1995-1997 (1 paid). I have been perfect on my credit for 24 months. Is there a better option for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mspencer

mspencer Member

I am the only person with this card?

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

No, my neighbor has this card. I'm not sure of the details surrounding this card but I know they weren't good at all! She burned Cross Country (what a joke) and before she burned them I think got this BS card. All I know is that she pays payments and then charges right away. She's not a responsible individual. I think there were all sorts of fees associated with this card and she was left w/ like $50 available credit. I'm not sure what her limit is.

4. Cadillac408

5. mspencer

mspencer Member

I pay a $6 dollar a month participation fee. At the time I got it I had no positive revolving credit so I took the card. I guess I should just push providian and Capital One for higher limits.

6. mspencer

mspencer Member

Re: Check out the terms!

I have charge this card to $300 a month for 12 months now and paid in full each month. i have only gotten a $100 dollar limit increase. My problem is that I am trying to age my accounts and I don't want to cancel without getting 12 months pay history.

7. Cadillac408

Capital One will tell you to wait 6 months for an increase. Don't know about Providian anymore. You use to be able to call retention directly and get an increase as long as it was past 120 days from your last increase and your account was in good standing. Who knows now.

I understand that you have to take what you can get and you appear to be on the right track w/ Cap1 and Get Smart. Stick with those for the meanwhile. I'm assuming that First National is reporting positively to all three bureaus, right?

How long have you had Am/Ex secured? Did you read mine and Newcomer2's posts about them? We both called to cancel our cards and they offered us charge cards. Call the number on the back of your card, select option -4- and tell them you want to close your account. When they ask why.....say your receiveing better offers and this card isn't doing much for you. See what they say. If they say...ok. we'll close for you then tell them change your mind and say....you need time to think about it first just to make sure....leave account open for now. Maybe they'll make you an offer for a charge card as well????

Find out and report back.

8. mspencer

mspencer Member

I have had my Optima secured since 9/2000. I am going to give it shot. Thanks for your input. I have been reading this board for about a year now and just have begun to post messages.

My credit has gotten better but hasn't really reflected in my score yet. I have paid off a $1600 citibank charge off. I have 5 more to go though.

9. Cadillac408

Cool....well keep us informed. Good luck w/ re-building your credit back.