First National Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doris K., Jul 1, 2000.

1. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

One of the cards my oldest daughter is using to rebuild her credit is the First National Credit Card Visa. To begin with, I knew the card was an absolute rip-off, and I tried to tell her not to apply for it, but Miss Priss knows much more than her mother, and she applied anyway.I sit back and laugh each time she whines and bitches that she's being taken.

First off, when she received the high-interest card, the credit limit was a whopping $250. To top that, most of her limit was already taken for processing fees, membership fees, and a host of others, including a monthly participation fee.

The day before yesterday, she received a letter in the mail informing her that they would raise her credit limit by $100 if she would call in and authorize a $25 processing fee. After that, her account would be reviewed for increases once a year unless she signed up for some discount membership program that costs 3.95 per month. Then, her account would be reviewed every 6 months. What a freaking rip-off!

Needless to say, I wanted to slap some good ol' common sense into the little hussy when I found out she called them and authorized both the processing fee and the membership program. She's a grown woman, so she can do whatever the hell she wants, but I hope more people won't be taken in by such a scam. There are other banks out there who do charge higher interest rates and lower credit limits to their sub-prime customers, but they don't resort to scamming them.

The bottom line is that when you're someone's CUSTOMER, and you're keeping them in business, it's their job to keep you happy. Otherwise, it's your job to drop them like a bad habit. That damned old credit card belongs in a blow torch fire or in between the blades of a good pair of scissors! That bank deserves to be run out of the country and its management tarred and feathered!

2. Season

Season Guest

Doris K. wrote:
    -------------------------------
    One of the cards my oldest daughter is using to rebuild her credit is the First National Credit Card Visa. To begin with, I knew the card was an absolute rip-off, and I tried to tell her not to apply for it, but Miss Priss knows much more than her mother, and she applied anyway.I sit back and laugh each time she whines and bitches that she's being taken.

First off, when she received the high-interest card, the credit limit was a whopping $250. To top that, most of her limit was already taken for processing fees, membership fees, and a host of others, including a monthly participation fee.

The day before yesterday, she received a letter in the mail informing her that they would raise her credit limit by $100 if she would call in and authorize a $25 processing fee. After that, her account would be reviewed for increases once a year unless she signed up for some discount membership program that costs 3.95 per month. Then, her account would be reviewed every 6 months. What a freaking....