First National Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bigjim, Oct 8, 2001.

1. bigjim

bigjim Active Member

I just wanted to say that I was very impressed with First National Credit Card. I called to pay my bill via telephone on Friday. I went through the automated system to listen to the balance and payment info, and to my surprise they said a $20 (the minimum amount due) had been paid on Sept 29th. I thought this was odd because I had not made a payment. I got the customer service rep on the phone and asked what that was about and she said that they had done that to all NYC area residents due to the terror attacks. Apparently they thought that the mail had been disrupted in the NYC area following the attacks on the WTC and that people may have problems paying on time. I was impressed. I know this card may have its critics, and I understand their criticism but I thought it was a nice thing that they had done.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Wow! That is extremely nice! Kudos to First National!

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Wow! I would have said "That's very generous of you,but I pay my bill in full every monthâ??please make the payment for $X.XXX.XX. Thank you!"

4. bigjim

bigjim Active Member

Good one......Maybe I should call them back!! HEHE

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

BigJim

Do you speak to a customer service rep to do instant payment? Is there a charge for it?