First National Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, May 19, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the First National Credit Card? I just received mine in the mail today. I only have a $250 credit limit....I was wondering if anyoe had any experience with this company and could tell me anything about them....especially how they are with credit limit increases. I was wondering how long I'd have to wait to get an increase. Thanks.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

FNCC is pretty stingy with limit increases and heavy on the fees. After 6 months Hubby was offered an increase for a fee. I threw it away.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

They really aren't all that good or all that bad.

They do report to the bureaus monthly along with your limit. So they certainly can be used for building.

I got mine in November of 99 with a limit of $250. You do have to pay for your first increase. It was $25 for $100 increase. Got this in May 2000.

In November of 2000 they gave me another $100 for no charge along with a note that they "review annually for additional credit line increases."

I'm just keeping them around for the account to age and have another "Paid as agreed" account.

Mike

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Shelby,

I had this card and it was a pain in my AZZ. I opened the account was displeased with the credit limit, never activated the card and closed it.

They charged me all of the fees plus late fees. I didnt find out that they charged me all of these fees until I pulled a credit report. I spoke to 5 different operators and got no where. The last one, told me to send a correspondence via snail mail for a letter stating that the account was closed and the fees and lates were deleted.

I disputed it 3 times with the CRA's and Equifax was the only one to delete it.

I had to send an "Intent to File Suit", to Experian and I had to put a fraud alert on Transunion to get the account removed.

I am so glad that they have all been deleted.

Good Luck