First Natl. Bank of Marin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chelechele, Aug 24, 2001.

1. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of these bad, bad people?

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Others know far more than I, but Bank of Marin offers sub-sub-prime cards, much like First Premier or Cross Country.

Do yourself a favor and wait for a better offer. :)

3. chelechele

Lemmie tell you about this.....my boyfriend applied ONCE for this card last week...we draft the fee from my checking account...I look at the mumbo jumbo a little closer and am FREAKED OUT..he has the option to cancel...so, we call and he does....now in order to get the money back we have to wait three weeks because they can't tell when they got the money...this is an EFT mind you, then I look at my bank statement and they drafted it TWICE!!! Crooks..we call them again...I am fuming by this time....second supervisor I have spoken with...they proceed to tell me that he HAD to have applied twice because they have two reservations on file....Then I ask who in their right mind would apply for the same card that will draft $89 for processing, two times in one night.......they tell me "Well I don't know, maybe you should ask the person that applied" So now they are insulting the intelligence of both of us...I ask how can I get both of the transactions refunded quicker...they tell me to fax them a complete copy of my bank statement showing EVERYTHING so they know the money has cleared....I then proceeded to ask them if they were crazy....They screwed me once already....Then I tell them that we only authorized one ETF not two....They then say "Well, we have it on file that you did twice....." Then I ask them if they have my signed conscent to do so even once,,,the supervisor says, we don't need your signature, all we need is your information and we can take the money....Well, then I got mad and said, well I'll have MY bank take the money back from you...the guy tells me that my bank can't do that , blah, blah, blah.....I hang up

I call my bank and rehash the story....they agree to dispute BOTH drafts.....give me the credit now and then investigate......I guess you can say that I have gained a little more knowledge in my financial efforts

KISS MY GRITS FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF MARIN!!!!

4. chelechele

Cuidado, Caution, Danger, Peligro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. chelechele

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Wow that is a horror story, I am gonna have nightmares!

Good thing your bank will dispute the drafts and is going to help you by crediting you now.

-Peace, Dave

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for a great story! You should feel proud for standing up to those people.

Bank of Marin, along with First Premier, kept sending me solicitations long after other subprime banks gave up. Apparently they rely on the "sucker factor."
    If you're not very well-informed or just feel you need an extra $300 in credit right away, you might respond to their offer. Once you're on the hook, they know the dirty little secrets of making extra profits on your account.

8. chelechele

yep....they are scammers!!!!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You go, Chele!!

breeze

10. chelechele

Thank you....G'night all...baby is hungry...and well, I AM her mom so....Ha HA LOL...see ya guys tomorrow.... :)