first nat'l bank of marin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kathy, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Kathy

Kathy Guest

anything on them?

2. trex

trex Guest

You might see their file at thecomplaintstation.com

3. Dominique

Dominique Guest

I have had their card for over 2 years now. At the end of the first year they sent ne a certificate and sent my deposit back.. I now have over a $1000 limit. They have been very good to me and easy to deal with.

4. sph

sph Guest

Beware when closing the account ,they will give you a unrated status.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

When I closed my account with FNBM I was very specific about them rating the account as closed by the customer. They reported it as I requested with R1 status.

6. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

I received a card from them in Feb. 99. I would not reccomend this card only to person that have real (I mean real) bad credit. They will call you 5 days before your payment is due to tell you this is just a courtesy call, which is very annoying. They call me the next day my payment was due to tell me they havent received it. If you dont want to be harassed by any company I suggest that you don't consider FNB og Marin. This is strictly my opinion.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You are exactly right. I received my card 4/99 and cancelled it 5/00. I was called also before payment as a courtesy. I dont like that at all. They were also calling to get me to do a phone payment which cost me I think $6. Never did that junk.

8. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Have this card as well. I've never been called on the phone for payment request, they've never called me for anything. All my payments post right away too. I will say that this should be your last resort. They are expensive. I have had my card for well over a year. There increases are ok, but nothing to write home about. I would have closed the account right away, but decided to take advantage of the extra reference on my credit, and see what the offer me in my second year with them. I have recieved alot of credit cards since then. It's not good to close to many accounts too soon, so I'll keep this for awile anyway.