First Niagara Credit Reporting?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by alluser, May 20, 2013.

1. alluser

alluser New Member

Hello all!

After doing a fair bit of searching throughout the forum, I can't seem to find the answer to a question that's been nagging at me for a few months now.

A few months back, I managed to miss a payment on a line of credit at First Niagara bank. This was completely by accident - the bank has never consistently sent me statements, and I managed to completely forget. As soon as I realized my error, I brought the account current, but unfortunately it was already past 30 days. As a result, First Niagara has hit my credit now with a "30 days late" back in October. I've tried disputing the information through the credit bureaus, but that got me absolutely nowhere.

I've talked to First Niagara's customer service, I've talked to branch managers, no one knows who at the bank is actually responsible for reporting this information. Additionally, no one knows who I would contact to have it removed.

Has anyone here had this experience, and did you have any success in having this information removed from your credit report? If so, how did you do it, and who did you talk to?

2. Logan Abbott

Logan Abbott Well-Known Member

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Or you can call and ask for the presidents office directly. Sometimes its easier to get referred from the top down, if going from the bottom up doesn't help.

Gary M. Crosby President, CEO, COO & Chief Administrative Officer
    726 Exchange Street
    Suite 618
    Buffalo, New York 14210