First North American National

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Jan 23, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

First North American National Bank how do I convince them to take a settlement? The card was charged on for 300.00 and now the balance they say is 1024.00 and they will take 749.00 only nothing else. One guy I spoke of says it had a balance of over two thousand before he got it and it has been paid down, but I have now clue of this.
    Any suggestions I want to settle with them.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: First North American Natio

They are bluffing you.

Consider this:
    If you pay the debt, without negotiating some relief on your credit reporting status for the account, it will look as bad, for just as long, to the creditors who view your file.

Charge off and Paid charge off = automatic denial to most prime lenders.

Id strongly consider settling with them with written notice to change the status as "PAID ON TIME NEVER LATE" or removal completely from your report.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

But the bastard says the only thing I should do is go to BK and all he wants is a judgement. I have tried twice.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Again, they lie. The chances of collecting a judgement on a unsecured debt , is slim-to-none.

The older the debt gets, the less its likely to be collected.

5. mt

mt Guest

Keep an even keel when dealing with collection agents -- don't let them pressure you. Stay calm and be organized when you call. If someone tells you something similar to what you reported above, just ask for a supervisor or something -- you may have better luck.