First North American Nat'l Bk.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Blair, Apr 12, 2000.

1. Blair

Blair Guest

Anyone know anything about them? Got pre-qualified letter from them today for a VISA with no annual fee first year.

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

RE: First North American Nat'l

I've had their VISA since Oct 96. Never had a problem, and you can pay your bill at Circuit City. What kind of interest rate were you offered? Mine is variable 16.4 right now.

3. Blair

Blair Guest

Variable starting at 19.8%

4. David

David Well-Known Member

Would anyone send a link for this card?

BTW, nice seeing you JacquiG. We talked on the old board about Providian and increases, payment strategies. It will be six months come the 26th with them for me. Still no increase, and payments are large, on time. Looks like my strategy for funding summer school has failed :(

Also, what is the link of the board you post on? I saw you there but lost the addy.

Best Wishes,

David

Blair wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Variable starting at 19.8%

5. JacquiG

Hi David,
    Wow! It's nice to be remembered (and favorably, I hope!!). You've made my day.

Sorry to hear about your "lack of increase" - I was hoping things would work out for you. Keep the faith, though, they really do give regular increases.

As far as a link for the FNANB card, there isn't one. They are the 'funding' bank for Circuit City, and don't have a website or anything. Same as Blair, I was sent a pre-approved offer and had never heard of them before. Try calling them at 800-728-8472 and request an application.

Anyway, this is the board I was posting on - they just changed the format.

Let me know how it works out!!

Later,
    Jacqui G.

6. JacquiG

7. David

David Well-Known Member

Hi JacquiG,

I will always think of you favorably. Especially today.

After repeated confusing explanations from Providian representatives, I called Providian and asked to speak with a supervisor. I explained that the Providian computer had me under review (so said the reps I had talked with) since February, and I stated that no increase was offered to me, even though my original welcome kit promised an increase with an account in good standing. Mine certainly was with large, ontime payments.

She reviewed my account, apologized, and -- gave me a $1000 increase!!!

Wow! One phone call to the right person, and words of angst from a tortured credit soul and -- the Providian credit increase system works! So, I am going to summer school, I am happy, and you're a great man of advice and wisdom :)

Best Wishes,

David

JacquiG wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi David,
    Wow! It's nice to be remembered (and favorably, I hope!!). You've made my day.

Sorry to hear about your "lack of increase" - I was hoping things would work out for you. Keep the faith, though, they really do give regular increases.

As far as a link for the FNANB card, there isn't one. They are the 'funding' bank for Circuit City, and don't have a website or anything. Same as Blair, I was sent a pre-approved offer and had never heard of them before. Try calling them at 800-728-8472 and request an application.

Anyway, this is the board I was posting on - they just changed the format.

Let me know how it works out!!

Later,
    Jacqui G.