First Premier Bank - Where's m

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by James, Mar 22, 2000.

1. James

James Guest

Hi all,

I applied for a First Premier card a while ago and included a $40 check for the new account processing fee. They cashed my check, but sent me a letter requesting more info. I sent their letter back indicating that I no longer wish to apply and to please return my $40. I have yet to hear anything from them and cannot get through by phone. Anyone else have this problem with them? What should I do?

2. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

RE: First Premier Bank - Where

When I got my first Premier (FUTURE) card, I didn't pay anything up front at all. They charged my card 40$. They didn't make it clear at the time, though, that i was getting charged at all. They may have misconstrued your check for a payment on a new account instead opening your account. You may want to call them and ask to speak to loss prevention.

3. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Haven't had time to visit this board much lately, but I wanted to respond to this one. Sometime last year, I think before I ever discovered this board, I got an offer from First Premier and sent them my processing fee. Like you, they sent me a letter requesting more info (I think copy of ID or something), plus I had forgotten to sign the application form. Well, I signed it and attached what they wanted and returned it. Eight weeks later or so...no card. I called them and was told that they had not received the info they needed. Someone was supposed to call me back and didn't. A week or so later I called again. This time I was told that they *had* received the requested info, but that they had not received my application back. This was impossible, since everything was in the same envelope; if they got one, then they got the other. I got their fax number and faxed photocopies, which I had made and kept, of everything included in the envelope I had sent them. I got no response. A few weeks later I called again. The person I'd spoken to before and whom I had faxed everything to was "not in" and a message was taken. No one called me back. About two or three weeks after that, I called again and was told that they did have what they needed and were issuing a card. The very next day, someone called me from First Premier and told me that they could not process my application because they did not receive my signature, and I needed to return the signed application. I told them I could not mail them something I did not have, and I did not *have* their application because I had returned it to *them*. I hung up and sent them a fax demanding either a card or my money back. A month after that I sent a fax just demanding my money back. I have never received a response, or my money, and that was about a year ago.

So, my advice is not to get too hung up on that $40. You'll probably never see it again.

MO

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

That sucks. I gave the unsolicited First Premier application the treatment it deserved when receiving it but not before showing it around so people could see what type of ripoff joke this company is.

As for receiving nothing back thats not entirely true as you better believe you received a negative inquiry on your credit reports from them.

5. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

A negative inquiry...hmmm...you're probably right. I think I will check on that. They'd better be ready to back up their explanation of that if they want to continue claiming they never received my signed application, huh?

By they way, it's been at least a year. Should I care about the inquiry at this point? Just wondering.

MO

6. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: First Premier Bank - Here'

It has been my experience that virtually every company even those without the basic courtesy to send you a rejection letter will 100% guranteed do a credit inquiry.

I suppose if you still have their letters "claiming" they never received your application and such you can have some fun and attempt to put a scare into their legal department. Naturally, bitterly scarcastic comments are de riguer in this case:)

As for your inquiry on your credit report. Well in theory and according to some regulation or such you are supposed to have the option of having this inquiry removed as it has been established that you have not received credit with this institution. In practice rare is the person able to do so. Though in your case you go for it and demand of First Premier Bank "As to the letter(s) of XXX XX where you stated that you had never received nor processed an application under my name. It has been conclusively established according to these credit reports copies enclosed herein that you willfully made a false statement as proven by this inquiry. Persuant to XX XX law and regulation and in the interest of avoiding embarassment and possible legal action for slander I insist you remove this negative inquiry as it is harming my financial well being" or something of this sort, just enough of the right legalese and naturally drafted on some law firms letterhead if possible (or fake it, easy enough to do) and you'll have them pissing in their banks in their rush to remove it as they'll figure your one of these "nuts" with a vendetta and lots of $$ to persue some frivilous court case. Remember this is one main reason that banks aren't so quick to screw "prime" customers as they assume they have the capital to persue a lawsuit.

7. James

James Guest

RE: First Premier Bank - Here'

Well, I finally got through on the phone and guess what - they received my letter and sent me a check for $40...that I have yet to receive! I told the rep that I didn't receive anything and it is a month since they received my request. She said that they will "investigate" this by putting a stop payment on the check they say they sent and reissuing a new one. She also informed me that this process takes at least 2 weeks. Liars! I doub't I'll ever see a check from them.

8. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Perhaps you are better off. I have a First Premier Bank Visa Card and to this day, I can't get it paid off and I certainly can't charge anything on it because I haven't re-activate it so I could. I think this is white collar crime.