first premier future card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Russ, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ Guest

I need to repair my credit..received an offer for their future card at 19.9% with a $200.00 deposit.or I can send payments until I reach 200. anyone have this card or info/feelings about such? thanks

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Russ,

Don't waste your time with First Premier or Cross Country. They have all kinds of fees...monthly participation fees ($5.oo per month) along with set up fees...it's nothing more than a scam. I would recommend either Orchard Bank or Capital One...no monthly fees and online account access and payment options. I would strongly advise against First Premier (Future Card) and Cross Country. If a secured card is your only option you may want to check with local banks in your area...they may offer secured cards. Best of luck.

Sean

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree with Sean, stay away from First Premier and Cross Country. I am not sure of your credit situation , but Cap 1 offers a good secured card from what I have read.

Mom

4. river

river Well-Known Member

Try FCNB,they are pretty good to start rebuilding.

5. Russ

Russ Guest

thanks. you guys rule.I/and girlfriend belong to an open credit union...do you think they would have a product considering we have some money sitting in their bank?...thanks to all!!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dont do it..

I had the First Premier Mastercard and it was my absolute worse card. They offer no growth or credit line increases. And they charge fees out the sky. Try FCNB. They are very fair. I would also try Capital one secured (but be patient with them for increases). They have low fees. Good Luck!

roni

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Providian is a good choice

I would add Providian to the chorus of recommendations simply because it will increase your credit line faster than any of the others.

It doesn't hurt to have a card with a high credit line when you apply for prime credit. You are more likely to get higher limits on new offers if you have maintained a good history on high limit account or even a $2-3K limit account. Somehow, doing well on a $500 limit account just doesn't look as iimpressive and since it's harder to achieve a good balance/credit limit ratio with small limit cards, this hurts your credit score. I think having Providian helped me move into other high limit and better cards. As a result of that, I have more than tripled total available credit in the past year to over $65K mainly because I already had the high limit Providian card.

The downside is the outrageous initial APR (23.99) and lack of grace period but after a while, you can negotiate better terms for these.

8. Russ

Russ Guest

Re: thanks

were all in this sharkpool together and I appreciate the advice. Cheers all!