First Premier?, What an insult!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Jun 12, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Some time, about 2 months, ago i applied for a loan through the lending tree. I was denied for the loan. Yesterday, out of the blue....i recieved a new credit card, other than my new lerner ny credit card.

The card was from first premier bank. the card is called "centennial" with a sucky $250 credit line. I called to find out why i got the card.

I never knew that lending tree would give them my information to get this stupid card. The card already had like 190 something dollar fees on it.

I told them to CLOSE IT IMMEDIATELY! What an insult to receive this subprime card with such bad terms. Ive worked hard to get better deals...what an insult from first premier bank.

Anyway, card is in the trash!

psugirl

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU BETTER CONFIRM THAT ALL FEES ARE REFUNDED AND THE ACCOUNT IS REALLY CLOSED.

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Good advice, George.

I've heard others making very similiar complaints over time in this and other forums. When they demanded closure, some of them actually had the mess reported by the credit card company as though the card company had closed the account instead of the actual person who got the card in the first place and actually did the demanding.

In otherwords, the card company tried to get their revenge on the customer even though the card company was at fault.

In one case, the poor guy/gal had to go through a whole bunch of rig a marole to get rid of the adverse report.
    If I remember correctly, they had to pay their lawyer to get on their case in order to get results.

So it would appear that your advice is well grounded indeed.

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I called and comfirmed that the account is closed. The accounts supervisor that took care of closing the card said that she was going to send me a letter confirming my request to have the account closed. She also said that she was going to send me a statement reflecting a zero balance.

psugirl

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T trash it...just incase it comes back to bite you in the butt...

Save the letter and statement...

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

FIRST PREMIER VISA :/

FIRST PREMIER VISA - sound rather presidential, don't you think? dogman

7. Saar

Saar Banned

How can you tell getting the card had anything to do w/ your LendingTree application. Is there a FP inquiry on your reports?

Saar

8. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

When i called first premier bank they told me that it was through the lending tree.

9. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

PSU Girl

I read several forums that you initiated about how good you've been getting in acquiring credit cards. Don't get in over your head, you think you've got it good. How about this:

Citi Platinum Dividend 9400.00 cl
    MBNA Gateway Plat Plus 7000.00 cl
    Spiegel 6600.00 cl
    Lerner Gold NY 1150.00 cl
    First Union Gold 6500 cl

So, you think you have been so lucky huh? I think you should slow down on telling this forum how financially well off and lucky you have been. I thought this forum was to help others who have not been so lucky, and what our experiences have been that they may try as well.

Wonder who else is thinking the same?

10. CCMax

CCMax Active Member

Dot all the i's and cross all your t's. I demanded my FPB card be closed a couple years ago, and I was shocked when I got my report and they were actually reporting that the account was closed by the creditor. They are below subprime, and it seems they go out of their way to f--- with you (pardon my French). After all the trouble I went through with that company, a couple days ago I got a preapproved offer from them--with a boatload of fees of course. I tore it in little, tiny pieces and dumped it in the trash can. I don't think it gets any worse than them.

CC

11. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

Re: PSU Girl

I am sure MANY are thinking it as well, you just happened to speak up about it. I have lurked here before the change and have just come back and having been going over the threads for quite a few days and this poster needs to leave her ATTITUDE at the door baby, but then again she has always been like that probably always will be. I say you look beyond this immature, illiterate poster.

12. pbm

pbm Administrator

Re: PSU Girl

Please try to be courteous with one another. We understand that discussions can run hot here at times, but during these past few days some of the disagreements have consistently deteriorated into personal attacks. We would appreciate everyone's cooperation in this matter.

Not to mention that such developments translate into increased monitoring on our part, which keeps us from doing more important work like rolling out chat and additional forums, some of which we had hoped to do tonight.

Thank you,
    pbm