First Round TU Results

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jun 21, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I can finally begin to join the ranks of those that post their dispute results. I just received my first updated report since I started using Bradley Ross and the first dispute at all since 1999.

Bradley Ross disputed 6 items on my TU on my behalf. Four were reverified and two deleted.

We had a BK last year so a lot of this stuff is pretty fresh, but the items that were deleted were not minor items so I'm not complaining. Besides, this is not an overnight solution. Just gotta keep disputing.

My question is this: we filed a Chapter 7 and for some reason, Household on my K-Mart, American Blinds, and Best Buy are showing the accounts as "Chapter 13 Bankruptcy." Bradley Ross disputed these three and they came back verified, no change.

Okay, the best case is deletion, but how could this come back verified as a Chapter 13 when they were filed as a Chapter 7. I NEVER filed a Chapter 13. They didn't get deleted, but what about getting them corrected? Does an account listed as a Chapter 13 keep your score higher than it would be if I get it corrected? Also, I have not disputed anything since 1999 and I didn't hire Bradley Ross until May; these Household accounts show a reverified date of 2/2001. Where did this come from? Wait....I just answered my own question....TU never reverified the info on any of the accounts that were not deleted. Just compared the new TU to the old TU report and the last "update" dates match exactly to the "verified" date on the new report. So the "New Information Below" is not new information. Now I am even more upset. Am I reading into this correctly? Is this TU's sneaky way at getting me to reverify a BK on these accounts by changing the status to a Chapter 7? What do I do? Do I smell lawsuit against TU here?

The reason I at least need the Chapter 13's changed to 7's (have my schedule of creditors) is that it is causing lenders to ask all sorts of questions. I even have one former creditor showing me filing Chapter 11 against them (a future dispute).

Any advice from the Creditnet experts on the board? HELP!

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I'm not the one to answer this (unfortunately), but I do have a question... Who is Bradley Ross? Do they have a web page? I just searched without success. Thanks!

Doc

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Aha! I just went to that page but it looks like a "teaser" that requires a password. Any clues? (It does provide a phone number for the super-motivated to call for the password.)

Doc

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

why dont you just use the online "TRANSUNION.COM" dispute system? It works just as good as the equifax one :)

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I don't even see a phone number.Am I missing something?

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Okay, they have changed their website since the last time I looked at it. I am not thrilled about the website but they may be trying out some enhancements. The site is not detailed like Junum's so I really don't go there.

Here is their contact information:

Bradley, Ross, Lenee, Joseph, and Allen
    9100 Fall View Drive
    Fishers, IN 46038-3822

(317)915-2466

Here is their e-mail address:

customerservice@bradleyross.org

I know there are one or two other members on the board that use their services. So far I am happy with their customer service and I did get two deletions. Also, if I need to visit their office, it is not a long drive. In fact I have already received a response that my questions are being forwarded to the Attorney that heads the firm. It is TU that I am upset with as I really do not think they even attempted to reverify four out of the six accounts at all.

I also recall someone posting that there is a way to request the process and documentation TU used to reverify disputes. I also recall this was a way to pin them down lying about saying they reverified an account when they actually never did send out reverifications or attempt to contact the creditor. Let's say even if it was verified, the creditor is still reporting incorrect information. Isn't that a violation of FCRA?