First the bad:(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well it's too early to call equifax for my info but I was able to get hubby's score and I am totally shocked!! Now remember it was 580 in October on that report it had TWO collections, the darn utility and a hospital bill. the hospital bill was a mistake and they promptly deleted it. Since then he got 3K available credit from Citi and I have pay down his debts. So what's the score a 577!!!!! All the reasoning codes are about that damn collection, reason serious deliquency, another reason time since del/unknown amount of collection, all with that account. I am very upset I have been trying to hard to work what I could with his credit and I have gotten nowhere. Don't even know if I want to bother with mine:(

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Basically the story is the same, open collections and charge offs will seriously hurt your score, no matter how many good items you have, it only takes one baddy to dink your score down about 100 points :)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I know that sam and I believe it doesn't matter if you have 8 or 1 it still hurts you just the same. I was a little shocked though, after reading some scores and history from fellow posters he didn't seem as bad off as others yet he scored much lower:(

4. river

river Well-Known Member

Mom,don't give up so quick.Put your hubby on your Green Amex as AU and give it 6 months and see the difference. It was perfect timing for you to get that Amex and with 6 months of good rating(which will be in September)you both together will be able to get your "new" home.You more than likely will be able to go on mortgage together with your scores combined or you may be the stronger of the two(score wise).In the time being,try disputing again or give Junum(might have not spelled that right)six months to clean it up. You deserve a break and it might be worthwhile.

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Well, a friend is getting a house with a 617, so that's not far away! Don't lose hope--I still haven't gotten our scores either so I'm holding hope for both of us!

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. That was his lowest scored one last time as well, so I am hopeful we will still get mortgage, his middle wasn't as bad 626 and high was 660 with TU who also had collection same info, now figure that one out difference of 80 points between Eq and TU same info??? I wish I could go with just mine, of course I don't know it yet I might be shocked LOL, but I hardly work so that wouldn't work. I was just totally shocked, I have seen much much worst reports yet they scored better, who knows. I was thinking about Junum but it is only one account, but now that I see the damage it is causing I may consider it.

7. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Yikes! It sounds like they aren't reporting the correct date - or not reporting a date. This isn't a recent collection account is it? I think if it isn't deleted (I know you've tried) the correct date better be listed. That should increase his score. My collection account is old. They just gave me the reason code for having the collection account. My other reason codes dealt with inquiries, and length of credit history. I believe if a date isn't listed it is viewed as a recent collection. I could be dead wrong, but it would explain why my score was higher.

Good luck getting your score

Equifax sure must be raking in the dough today.

Kelly

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not sure Kelly, it's listed the last date of activity as 12/95 and list no other reason codes than that. I realize it isn't paid but that not supposed to make a difference but it sure sounded like it did? I am completely confused by this score??

9. mj

mj Well-Known Member

MOM--

I'll bet you that the score is a little lower BECAUSE of the new Citi card-- remember, new revolving debt dings you for 1 year or so (so people think...). I'm pretty sure of it ...

ME - 680
    Lots of good stuff, high lines, >10 years on oldest account, BUT a 1995 BK (none of my credit was affected- just shows as an entry under public records).

PARTNER - 685
    Lots of good stuff, absolutely nothing negative, 4 new revolving lines opened w/in last year. I'm positive without those new accounts he would be up over 740.

We'll see...

Good luck-
    mj