First Union releases statement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nic Nitro, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Nic Nitro

Nic Nitro Guest

If you call First Union Bank and give them someones credit card number and you know their social security number and mothers birth name they will email you the persons statement(s).

This recently happened to me: I am a guy, a women called and said she was my wife and gave the aforementioned info and they emailed her immediately my statements.

This women was quitting her job as my book keeper after a fight with me and was looking for anything she could to hurt me. (nothing found however)

I called First Union and they stated it is their policy and they will stand by it !

Good Luck !

2. Nevo

Nevo Guest

RE: First Union releases state

Sounds like it's time to talk to a lawyer!

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

If someone at first union asks you your name, and you provide a name that is not legally yours, you are committing identity fraud and i believe that can now be a felony.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Oh Don't forget federal felony mail fraud for opening mail that is not addressed to you.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Their credit card portfolio is being bought by MBNA...being that I have one of their cards, I am hoping it will be run a little bit better moving forward...

But I agree...time to see a lawyer...your bookkeeper needs to learn a hard lesson..

Nic Nitro wrote:
    -------------------------------
    If you call First Union Bank and give them someones credit card number and you know their social security number and mothers birth name they will email you the persons statement(s).

This recently happened to me: I am a guy, a women called and said she was my wife and gave the aforementioned info and they emailed her immediately my statements.

This women was quitting her job as my book keeper after a fight with me and was looking for anything she could to hurt me. (nothing found however)

I called First Union and they stated it is their policy and they will stand by it !

Good Luck !

6. Nic Nitro

Nic Nitro Guest

This was a female who simply said she was the book keeper for my company and needed my statements.

They (First Union) asked her my social security number and mothers maiden name. She was able to provide it, having access to the company personel files and FU emailed her my statements.

The book keeper never lied about who she was.However, I never asked her to obtain the statements nor was she on the account or ever given permission to access records/statements with FU. NEVER

7. mj

mj Well-Known Member

AS your bookeeper, she was acting as your agent, so laws of agency apply... depends on what she was your bookeeper for- personal, business, or both? If she's your business bookeeper and this was a business account, you have to go after her for fraud. If this was a personal account and she didn't act as your agent for personal accounts, you could potentially go after the bank (will be hard) or convince the state's attorney to go after her under fraud and identity theft statutes.

Good luck,
    MJ