first usa 26.9% interest,Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

My girlfreind has a 1st usa account that just got jacked up to like 26.9% from having only a couple of late payments.Then they go and lower her credit line so when they add on her interest it makes her go over the limit,so they can add an over limit fee also.
    Has anybody here ever had this happen with 1st usa?We are trying to talk to someone there and they keep saying to call back in two days and someone will have reviewed it.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Terry

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: first usa 26.9% interest,H

Author: Terry (spider-te051.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 04-25-01 19:32

My girlfreind has a 1st usa account that just got jacked up to like 26.9% from having only a couple of late payments.Then they go and lower her credit line so when they add on her interest it makes her go over the limit,so they can add an over limit fee also.
    Has anybody here ever had this happen with 1st usa?We are trying to talk to someone there and they keep saying to call back in two days and someone will have reviewed it.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Terry

Reply To Message ===
    FIRST US A
    Fleece Us All

3. Simon

Simon Guest

YEP! YEP! YEP! You sound suprised?? That's correct. That what the back of your disclosure statement says. Miss 2 payments and you get the jacked up feeof 26%, 32%, whatever.

It's not only First USA. It's most cards now. Some cards even jack up the rate if they find out you paid late on OTHER cards, so she needs to check her other cards too.

MORAL of this story is DON'T PAY LATE. YOU PAY THE PRICE. You can't say they didn't warn you.

4. am

am Guest

I had my perfectly paid line of credit removed/shut off because of a dispute on a First USA credit card....a letter showed up one day saying it would no longer be available for our use.
    THANKS FIRST USA!!!!!
    I am so glad they are in my past

5. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

Terry, it will probably take 6 months or more of paying her bill on time before they will even consider lowering it. The truth is you really can't be late. It's the ultimate credit card sin. This will probably hurt her credit down the line. Please tell her to do whatever she can to make sure she pays on time. You can't charge stuff then think it will go away. Credit cards are very, very easy to over use. Just signing your name is so much easier then digging through your purse to scrap together the money to but something. Sorry, I'm not ragging on you or her. I'm just thinking about how easy it has been for me. The credit card company will wait until she charges her card up and has no way of paying it off or transferring it to another card, then raise the interest and she is STUCK. Take her cards and freeze them in a bowl of water. If she has to have something, she will have to wait until the card thaws out. By then YOU can talk her out of buying it, LOL.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: Simon (cx654204-b.nwptn1.va.home.com)
    Date: 04-25-01 20:08

YEP! YEP! YEP! You sound suprised?? That's correct. That what the back of your disclosure statement says. Miss 2 payments and you get the jacked up feeof 26%, 32%, whatever.

It's not only First USA. It's most cards now. Some cards even jack up the rate if they find out you paid late on OTHER cards, so she needs to check her other cards too.

MORAL of this story is DON'T PAY LATE. YOU PAY THE PRICE. You can't say they didn't warn you.

Reply To Message ===What about false lates.Should the Rate be 25% on that too??