First USA CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dstorm, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Dstorm

Dstorm Member

Have 24.99 % IR on card been paying on time for last 9 months, when I talked to the advisor they bluntly told be that this account was not eligible for a APR reduction, wouldn't give me a reason why or when it would be. Is there a number at First USA that I can call other than their main number?

BTW I sent in one of those Capital One promo's (You are guaranteed our new Visa card (Gold)), given my credit standing I would get a free credit report out of it. But one week later they sent me the damn card with a $500.00 limit (unsecured) anyway to push the limit up? Id like to transfer my balance from the First USA and my Circuit City account to it. 14.9% it better than 24%

Thanks
    Mark

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...And I was complaining about 13.99%...I just closed the account. They said they would notify me if I could get a lower rate.

LET ME DO THE MATH...

$0.00 @ 13.99% = $0.00/MONTH
    $15,000 @ 9.99% = $124.88/MONTH

THEY ACTED LIKE I WAS WANTING TO "RIP" THEM OFF!!!
    BUT I WAS NOT RIPPING THEM OFF WITH 2.90% BT RATE THAT JUST EXPIRED???

3. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

4. Saar

Saar Banned

If it's closed, what is there to notify you about? Don't let them pull the same trick they did with J. Edgar, who received FUSA "convenience checks" numerous times long after his account was "closed".

Demand they confirm the account closure in writing.

Saar

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Good for you, George. Now if only I had enough guts to close Discover, for their lack of a competitive interest rate and lack of a decent credit line.

Dani

6. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Dstorm: If you get an answer to this, please let me know. I have three of their cards. Same problem.

7. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

Folks, I apologize for beating a dead horse, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check this site out if you haven't already. It's amazing.

http://members.tripod.com/~FUSA1/

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I guess you missed my last DISCOVERCARD post...

5.90% no fee BT + $3,000 no inquiry...

They finally gave me the right department that got something done...

She laughed at the 9.90% with a BT fee!!!

I got her name and her supervisors name and direct extention...

I told her it was not going to be used, and it was going to be closed when I had enough guts...SHE SAVED THE ACCOUNT!!!

ONLY BAD THING IS "NEW" CUSTOMERS CAN GET 0.00% ON PURCHASES AND BT FOR 6 MONTHS...