First Usa Finally pulled one o

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tara, May 15, 2000.

1. Tara

Tara Guest

Last year my husband used my First USA visa without my knowledge. Needless to say, it went way above the limit. In september, I got a call from them saying they could put me on their assist program. I filled out the application, and they sent me an approval letter. That's it. In December, after not receiving any more details about the program, I sent them $50. I have been doing this consistantly for 6 months. I got a letter and a statement yesterday. The letter stated I defaulted, and was no longer on the program. I now have $25 over the limit fees, and the interest rate went from 8% to 19.8%. Now my payment of $50 will not even take off $10!
    I called them and they said I defaulted, and she didn't have an answer as to why I am just now getting a letter, since I did this in September. She wasn't very friendly. Most of what I owe is over the limit fees. I believe in paying my bills, but when I am throwing away $50, I can't see paying them. Any other ideas? I really need help. I am having financial difficulties, and do NOT want to file bancruptcy. I am tackling one bill at a time, and have gotten other companies to work with me. Please advise! Thanks!