First USA interest rate????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nelsonfan, Apr 27, 2001.

1. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

Has anyone who received a rate increase, in March, from January statement notice, received a lower interest rate, yet???I was wondering if anyone has called or written and asked for a lower rate and received it or not,yet?? I've tried and tried and they just say there is nothing they can do about it. Well, there is something I can, and will, do. I will transfer it to another account. And then close First USA, FOREVER.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WROTE TO THE ADDRESS OF THE NOTICE...I TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS "NICE" TO OFFER ME THE HIGHER INTEREST RATE OF 22.49% (WITH-OUT ANY REASON)...BUT I DECLINED THEIR OFFER.

I think I mailed it MONDAY...

3. nelsonfan

George, did you just receive the notice? I was supposed to have received one in my January statement, with all the other junk. I never got the chance, at that time, to opt-out. By the time I found out about it, they said it was too late. I had a 9.9% fixed rate. What a bunch of cr@p. I called 3 times and sent 2 letters. What was your rate to begin with? Mine went up to 16.9%. See??what a bunch of cr@p. They pick and choose what they are going to do to different people. They told me twice, EVERYONE received the same notice. That's a lie. I have NEVER been late or missed any payments. No BK. Are you sending a letter opting out and closing your account, to keep your old rate? Were you offered this? Thanks for your help, George.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE A 3.90% BALANCE TRANSFER RATE WITH A "GO TO" ~ 13.90%

I DECLINED THEIR OFFER...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEVER LATE
    NO BK
    NO COLLECTIONS
    NO OVER LIMIT
    OLDEST CREDIT LINE 1978

MY "SIN" TOO MUCH CREDIT???

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! That's great! Declined their offer....HA!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

One time of the four times I called on this matter, they "INFERRED" that I must write to the address and decline the higher interest rate, then maybe they will "GIVE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE"???

8. nelsonfan

George, you are a very wise man, to decline their offer. I think my sin is too much credit, also. I have never once asked for a credit limit increase. But, they keep raising it as the years pass. Did you say you have had an account for years? Is it a credit card? You should have a 2.9% Fixed rate for the rest of your life on that one. Well, it was wishful thinking.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have had the account for awhile...it is a credit card.

10. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I have a Wingspan that comes of of First USA and I haven't gotten anything from them about an increase.

Of course I don't have that great of a rate to start with. It was 16.74 for a long time and then recently lower it to 15.74. I only owe them about $200 and I have a 1900 credit coming in a few says so I won't have a problem. After I get my credit check from them I am canceling anyway.

judy

11. nelsonfan

judyputy, that is the smartest thing I've heard today. I think First USA did a really sneaky thing. Hiding the notice in the statement, then raising the rates 6.59%. I can't wait to close mine.

12. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

GEEZ LOUISE!

I think I typed that last response in the dark! I had so many misspelled words and typos, it looked awful. Too late to edit.

Didn't want anyone to think I was somebody else.

judy

DUH! just saw the spell check. Wake up judy

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

nelsonfan,
    I received notice from First USA and they wre going to raise my rate. I checked my Yahoo Visa statement this month and they actually lowered my rate to 9.9%. I don't bother to ask them and took the best rate that they gave me. By the way I paid in full every month.

Ron.