First USA judgement trouble

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ksha, Sep 20, 2001.

1. ksha

ksha Member

The lawfirm of Pressler and Pressler has sent me paperwork that first USA is filing a judgement against me. Therefore, I called them to met an agreement to stop the judgement. The original limit for the credit card was for around 1200 in 1999. Now with all of the late fees and everything. They want about 2500. Pressler and Pressler made an offer of a settlement for 2200 cash upfront which I did not have. Then they offered 125 a mth. to stop judgement which is too steep for me. Finally I agreed to a consent judgement for 75 a mth., but they sent something in writing saying that I agreed to pay 75 a mth. plus interest 'til final payment. Shouldn't interest stop once you make an agreement? Has anyone ever heard of a consent judgment? Please advise. Thank you ahead of time.

*Formerly known as judgement and chargeoffs with the deadbeat ex-boyfriend on the old discussion board.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Quite frankly, I would not worry in the least about their threats for getting a judgement.
    Have you demanded validation of the debt as of yet?
    If not, you need to do so immediately.

You also need to check out the following URL.
    CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ANSWER JUDGEMENTS

And you need to look at this one to see a case where a judgement and garnishment had been granted but the person had never been sued! Unbelieveable, but true. And the sick part of it is that most judgements are about the same or not much better than this one.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE JUDGEMENT THAT NEVER WAS

Quit being afraid of these supposed judgements! If you take the time and trouble to learn how to do these things and how to deal with them, you need have no fear. They simply make too many mistakes in court. They add on lawyers fees on top of the judgement, and they can't do that.

They also add in usurious amounts of interest and they can't do that. It's usually best to just let them get their lawsuit and then pull the court record and see what all they did wrong and then go get them with your own motion for summary judgement against them.

CLICK HERE TO SEE AN IN-DEPTH DISCUSSION ABOUT THE JUDGEMENT THAT NEVER WAS