First USA Settlement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Edgar, Dec 10, 2000.

1. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Has anyone else gotten a notice from "FUSA Settlement Claims Administrator" in Portland Oregon, in re: Mangone et al vs. First USA Bank, N.A., and Bank One Corp? The case was filed in US District Court for the Southern District of Illinois.

I think FUSA is trying to settle one of the lawsuits against them for their "sitting on payments" scam (which they blamed on a third party payment processer) and the subsequent "You were late, even though we forgave the exhorbitant $29 late charge, so we're going to raise your interest rate to 23.99% anyhow" scam.

An in case you were wondering, there were no convenience checks enclosed with the notice.

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Yes, I gladly sent mine in last week, my mother also got one which I also gladly mailed for her. I urge everyone who gets a notice to send it in, help stop this bank's "late fee" scam!

Regards,
    Alex
    www.Creditinsiders.com

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I got the notice, but did not go into the details. I thought to parcipate in a Class action suit, one had to have been affected by the practices of the defendant. I have never been charged a late fee or 23.9% APR.
    Can I still participate?

http://www.creditsense.com

4. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Upon reading the document more closely this morning, I have discovered that if you paid any finance charges during the settlement period, you are entitle to a $0.75 rebate, if you are a former cardholder. This is regardless if you were assessed a late fee or not. While that won't even buy you a cup of coffee any more, it still worth it to make the moronic boobs write you a check for it, mail it, etc.

If your rate got jacked up because of allegedly 'late' payments, and you paid finance charge, you may be entitled to as much as $58.

Supposedly only people who were entitled to something were mailed the notice.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Thanks J. I guess I can claim my .75

http://www.creditsense.com