First Usa Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, May 21, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

It's our pleasure to serve you.

RE: ACCT #: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

DEAR "GEORGE"

As your credit card company, we value your business and want you to be completely satisfied with your credit card account. We're delighted with the opportunity to continue serving your credit card needs.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

DID THEY NOT CLOSE THE ACCOUNT LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD IF I DID NOT ACCEPT THE OPPORTUNITY OF HAVING MY INTEREST RATE JACKED UP TO 22.49% ???

P.S. ON-LINE SAYS I STILL HAVE $X,XXX.XX AVAILABLE...IF IT WAS CLOSED IT WOULD SAY $0.00 AVAILABLE...CORRECT???

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yes you are correct! My account says $6K limit and $0 available. Can't wait to finish paying these idiots off!

3. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

George,

When I closed my account w/First USA via phone(22.49 APR),they sent me a letter CONFIRMING "closed at customer's request",but it is still accessible for online payments(since account was NOT closed by credit grantor).My account still reflects online like it is active(but actually is not).I had the same concern that you do,but rep told me that is the way it is due to the 60 day window that they allow you to reopen the account w/o new application.

Hope this helps....

Sister Girl

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WAS WONDERING BECAUSE THEY KNOW I WOULD NOT BE WILLING TO ACCEPT AN INTEREST RATE OF 22.49% SINCE MY "HIGHEST" I PAY IS MBNA AMERICA TRANSFER RATE OF 9.90%...

5. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

Firtst USA stinks!!!!!!!111

George, I just got up the nerve to call First USA and ask them to lower my interest rate back to the 9.9% fixed, I agreed to. (they raised it to 16.49%) They said 'NO WAY'. This fixed rate deal doen't mean anything. I'm so mad I could scream. First USA STINKS!!!!!!!