First Usa--whateverrrrr!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mark LA, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

So like i have this card? From First USA? The Readers Digest MC Plat?
    And like in the beginning? It was ok? 12K cl, 9.24 apr and NO 2 cycle avg daily balance?
    But like I don't use it alot - because i have better cards - and in any case I always pay it off before the statement? And I have a zero balance on it?

So like yesterday? I get a change in terms notice? They upped my apr to 9.49% and will implement the dreaded 2 cycle avg daily balance?
    All my scores are in the mid 700s?
    So like i'm thinking? This is soooooooooo not the way to get me to use their card more?
    WHATEVER!

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Yeah my brother in law has a First USA Plat. card and they jacked up his APR to over 20%. He has never been late and have FICO scores over 700.

He thinks that they jacked up his APR because he was close to maxing out his CL on other cc. He does this when he is in a huge shopping mood but again he has the commission checks to pay these off in big chunks.

He's kept this card but has not made one charge on it. He does get decent transfer balance offers and has taken advantage of these offers.

Best regards,
    Mirage

3. Mark LA

so like yesterday?
    i was bored?
    so like i called first usa?
    and i asked them like what gives? with the repricing?
    I mean like that's a huge jump 9.24 to 9.49? and the 2 cycle thingy too?
    (ok - i'm getting tired of valley girl - i'm sure y'all are too)

Anyways - i play it all hurt and bruised and bewildered and ask them if there's anything - ANYTHING - on my report that played a decisive factor in the change?
    "No. no no sir - your report is fine - your internal score is great, your payment history is super (btw - have i mentioned i hardly ever carry balance - cuz i don't totally trust them?) it's just Bank One's "ACROSS THE BOARD" repricing. Uh huh.
    Just outta principle - I'm thinking of calling back and threatening to close it if i don't get better terms and avg daily cycle. however- i don't think Bank One has a retention dept. Anyone know?

4. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

You had the card for a long time? If so, time to put it in the sock drawer.

5. Mark LA

thanx for the advice faztco
    however
    in any case
    does anyone have a phone number for fusa/bank one retention?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FIRST USA (BANK ONE) DUMPED 2-CYCLE BILLING YEARS AGO...now it is back???

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

MarkLA,

What if you reach a retention department full of Valley Girls?

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

They jacked up my rates to 24.99 %. I also maxed out my cl on other cc's. I paid them off, lets hope I will be getting some decent BT offers from them like your brother did.

9. 8004me

8004me Well-Known Member

Jacking rates for good customers is not the way to build a relationship and a long term profitable customer.
    When will they ever learn

10. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

Thanks! I had a stressful week working with Crap 1 and you made me laugh.