First USA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by worried, Apr 9, 2001.

1. worried

worried Guest

Another question, I guess I am full of them today...

First USA called yesterday and asked about a payment. i told the rep on the phone that i had signed up for their automatic payment plan (they draw it out of my checking account every month) Well, he keot insisting I di not, so I went to my file cabinet and read the letter that they sent me bcak confirming that my request had been taken care of anf that the payment would be withdrawn on the 2nd. Therefore, it is not my fault that they did not withdraw it right? I am going to call them today. I want to make sure no late charges were added because of their dumb mistake. Anyone got any ideas who to ask for?

I am sick of these people.. I use to call them monthly and have them draw it out, but one day I was leaving to go out of town and I remembered I needed to pay them soon, so I called them and set up a payment for the 2nd (since I get paid on the first)The dude on the end of the phone said, "Oh, we can't wait two days, it must be taken out tomorrow." I told him the money would not be in the account TOMORROW. He said, "Sorry,mam, new policy." Then, I said, "Well, you are not going to get your money becuse it won't be in there. Let me speak to a manager." The manager said the same thing. Is that not ridiculous? I have never been so mad. And yes, they did take it out AND i had to pay $35 check return fee from the bank and $30 from them

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I have an account w/ FUSA (that I closed but still have a balance on) and the reason why I closed it was because they play WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!!! I was banking on the fact that I could get another credit card and transfer the balance....that's when I found out that my credit had fell apart! Now I'm stuck but you better believe that as soon as I get everything straightened out, FUSA will be GONE! DAMN CROOKS!!!!! :-||

3. me

me Well-Known Member

I agree.. I had a card with them a few years ago and they jacked around with me by increasing my APR for no valid reason or notification multiple times.... I would look at my statement, notice the increase in APR, call to get it back to the agreed terms, they would do it, then 2 billing cycles later they raised it again... This happened a total of 3 times... I gladly closed the account..

4. Saar

Saar Banned

worried wrote:
    "Is that not ridiculous?"

The only thing rediculous is people keeping their accounts w/ FUSA given all the crap they have to take there.

Saar

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY INTEREST RATE WILL BE 22.49% EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2001.

MY 3.90% is not expired yet, so I'm still hopeful it was a mistake since I was NEVER LATE OR OVER LIMIT...

When I called asking about it, they said some garbage about increased costs!!!

WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION???
    $0.00 X 22.49% = ???

6. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

FUSA is Bankone. According to Bank One website they bought out all Wachovia accounts today.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

worried,
    I always used their on-line payment and they deducted from my checking account. I had two accounts with First USA and I haven't missed a payment so far.

Ron.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    They haven't sent me any notice to increase my Yahoo Visa account and instead of increasing them, they lowered my rate to 9.9% variable APR. By the way, what card do you have with them?

Ron.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GE PLAT.

10. am

am Guest

BANK ONE IS FIRST USA? Oh, no.....I didn't know that.....I just opened a checking account there...and savings...and financed my car there. I cannot tell you how much I detest First USA.
    This is very bad for me. I feel really stupid.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,
    I have two cards with them:Yahoo Plat Visa and Smart Visa. They give me good rates. I'm sorry to hear that they increased your rate of your card. By the way, I haven't used much on their card and most of time I used my Citibank cards and Discover cards.

Ron.