First USA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gregory, May 1, 2001.

1. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked First USA about a product transfer and received one? I have the Southwest Airlines Plat Rapid Rewards Visa and was thinking about going to the Barnes & Noble or the National Notary Association credit cards. Just curious before I call.

Thanks!

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I don't know about First USA...they are a company I do my best to stay far away from. I would be careful with them and read all the fine print (from personal experience) and most important, get everything in writing.

AnnMarie

3. Gregory

My personal experience with First USA has been exceptional (so far)!

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have never had a problem with First USA. They are excellent at giving teaser rates.

Profit from the experience.

www.creditsense.com

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Never tried for a product transfer with First USA. Started with the 9.9% AOL Platinum Visa and still have the same rate today a few years later. I believe you can easily transfer to another product.

6. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I too have had NO problem with First USA.

They have been and continue to be a very good company to deal with. Stay in the rules and they are very nice.

Simple

judy

7. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Opting out of thread.

Obviously I am the only one to have any problem what so ever with First USA. I was a "good" "following the rules" customer of theirs for years. They did not return the favor.
    Excuse my posting.....apparently I have some issues with rules.
    Simple.

AnnMarie

8. Gregory

Re: Opting out of thread.

AnnMarie,
    I understand that MANY MANY people have had their problems with First USA, with First USA mostly being at fault...that it why they got sued so many times!

But my personal experience with them has been good so far.

I just wanted some info on changing cards (THANKS DOUG!)

Greg

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Greg,
    I had two First USA accounts for over two years and I haven't had any problems with them. They hadn't raise any interest rate and they increased my credit limit from time to time. I didn't ask for the balance transfer from First USA and I paid off my balance every month. I recommend Citibank because they have good customer services and I had not heard negative things fom the web. I didn't recommend First USA because I heard they raise the rate when you carry a high balance.

Ron.

10. Gregory

Thanks for the info, Ron! That is one thing that I watch out for with them - raising interest rates on a whim! But so far, so good (that could change at any time, I know!) - I fly Southwest alot, so I like the free tickets (I combine my points with FUSA w/ my AMEX points), but I will not be traveling so much in the near future, so I was thinking about switching. I will call them later and see what they say. Thanks all for the info!

Gregory

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Greg,
    I read Southwest Airlines Visa and their rewards programs isn't very good. You need to use it heavily on the card in order to get you an airline ticket plus they charged you annual fees. I heard from the board that may people like to get Citibank AAdavntage cards and I had Citibank cards for over a year. They had a very good customer services. I personally recommend Citibank.

Ron.